Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 03-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Elite Member

Great write up meggie thanks i will try some of your pointers this summer thank you again

best finds to date - 1821 capped bust dime ,1853 seated quarter, (2) 1891 seated dimes, 1874 seated dime, 1887 seated dime love token , 1777 half reale ,1805 drapped bust largie, 1914 barber half dollar,1812 classic head largie, 1864 2 cent piece,(1909 barber half dollar with a 1934 walker half dollar in the same hole together)1952 ben franklin half dollar

Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Swinglow View post
Foot, meet mouth......

What country are you in?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Australia mate ...

Old 03-20-2017, 08:01 PM

Meggie this is a great write up. Two points really hit home.

People losing stuff. When people see me with my detector, or know that I do detect, I am often privy to a good lost piece of jewelry story.

Most of these losses happened long before and there is usually nothing that can be done about them. But it is the sheer percentage of people who, at least once in the life, lost some piece of jewelry somewhere, either at the beach or between here and there; and many times their not sure where.

I also like the part about dodgy signals. I use an Excal in the water and over the last 7 years have learned to always dig those broken or crummy tones. They are music to my ears! Broken tones from items surround by iron bits, tones that sound 99% like a rusty Corona beer bottle cap, and the plentiful pull rings have all turned into golden treasure.

Happy hunting. Steve in NY