Brand new to site

Gregory Martin

Just retired so I need to get back into detecting. Did this in the 1970s . The machine took 18 AA batteries to operate it . Was all metal except for the bottom of the shaft, had about six adjustment dials. I couldn't find the company on the web so after doing research on you tube I set my self up with some nice equipment from Garrett and off I went to my back yard.
I joined this site because of the information posted about getting permits . Years ago this was not a subject. Boy have times changed, every government has there hand out. LOL. I hope to get from this site more information just on detecting ideas.

Welcome from Delaware. It would be helpful to post your location so that other members from that area can give some advice on legal detecting. By the way,what detector did you pick ?

very few places ever dreamed up "permits". So don't go putting ideas into any bored bureaucrat's heads! doh!

location and equipment

Sorry for not giving enough information about myself. Im from north east New Jersey. Im using the Garrett AT Pro along with there pro pointer. Still learning the ropes of the machine. I just packed in my working career . Looking to find some color.

Hello Gregory! Welcome to the forum from another NENJ detectorist and congrats on your retirement. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message and I'll help in any way I can. Perhaps we will hit a park or something together one day ;)

Back
Top Bottom