Took a big risk with my Auvio's but it was worth it..

boretti4blues

Elite Member
I have always liked my Auvio's wireless performance but was never really happy with being confined to only using the one headset that it pairs with. I always had issues with the Auvio headset being to loose on my head and sometimes slipping off which got annoying. Plus the sound was a bit boomy on the lower tones. With that said I did not used them much. I prefer my grey ghost or iphone earbuds anyday. I decided to do something very drastic..I wanted the wireless technology that Auvio offered but make it possible to use what ever headphones I want....:D

This was very risky but I do know a little about electronics and I have very good soldering skills. Plus I am a Mech. Eng. by day with skills in plastic design.:yes:

Since I have access to a 3D printer I got to work and took the chance. I am glad I did..cause after three weeks of field testing my new creation I could not be any happier. This works awesome and I can use what ever headphone set I want! Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

Enjoy the pics!!

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 637
  • Removal of Ear Cup.JPG
    Removal of Ear Cup.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 633
  • Inside Left.JPG
    Inside Left.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 637
  • Removal Left.JPG
    Removal Left.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 636
  • Inside Right.JPG
    Inside Right.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 638
  • PCB out.JPG
    PCB out.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 637
  • PCB Closeup.JPG
    PCB Closeup.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 635
  • PCB Closeup_2.JPG
    PCB Closeup_2.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 645
  • PCB Closeup_3.JPG
    PCB Closeup_3.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 638
  • PCB Closeup_4.JPG
    PCB Closeup_4.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 630
  • recharge.JPG
    recharge.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 638
  • Wiring prep_1.JPG
    Wiring prep_1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 634
  • Wiring prep_2.JPG
    Wiring prep_2.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 635
  • cad_2.JPG
    cad_2.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 634
  • cad_1.JPG
    cad_1.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 642
  • cad_3.JPG
    cad_3.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 647
  • printed part_1.JPG
    printed part_1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 631
  • printed part_2.JPG
    printed part_2.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 642
  • printed part_3.JPG
    printed part_3.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 628
  • printed part_4.JPG
    printed part_4.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 637
  • complete.JPG
    complete.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 626
That's some great work man, very well done! Those 3d printers really open you up to what can be made...

3D printers are awesome!! My company inherited a Dimension Elite machine from our partners. I love it for prototyping. I would love to get a small desktop model for home use. I would be designing all types of metal detecting gear!! Haha!!

Thank you all for the compliments!!

Wow that's some enginuity right there :wow:

One thing I really wish I knew more about is electronics.

Great job! :yes:

now that is an awesome idea, its basically the same principle that minelab did with their wireless module for the ctx. very nice work

Yeah but can you solve a rubics cube? :laughing: Awesome job, I would have been sitting there with a stupid look on my face while my wife called me an idiot and telling me I'm not getting new ones.

Damn, we have a new player!
That's awsome, last night I watched a guy on the news make most of on AR-15 on his home 3D printer, he had some mad skills!
I've got two sets of Auvio's one disassembled ready for a project and one still in the box. If you want to make one more I'll take one.

Great job!
HH

Thats awesome man great job!!! Half of the battle of doing mods is having the proper tools.... And you have some great tools to work with. :wow:

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? Do you know how dumb I feel after seeing what guys like you are capable of? Great job man! Way to hack!

Very nice job on the wireless setup. Nothin' like putting a persons skills to use and coming up with awesome projects that really enhance the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom