BH/Fisher pinpointers: increasing range

Gatchaman

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but I found this video of modifying the Bounty Hunter / Fisher pinpointers on YouTube.

I was skeptical, but darned if it didn't work. When testing on a quarter it about doubled the range for me. Took 10 minutes or so. I hear a lot of people keep these for backups or to let friends use on hunts so could be a good mod.

So before being 1/4th as good as the pro pointer its now about 1/3rd as good. :P

BH pinpointer adjustment

:DGlad I watched, took me about five minutes and gained a good 1/2 inch, de-
pending on the size of the item you've found!

Reference BH Pinpointer

Another little trick I picked up on was that my wedding band held just about where the circuit board is, increased the distance also, it took a little extra tires before I got it right but it also worked.;)

Just did this to mine, it took about 5 minutes and it did increase the range about 0.5 inches more. I can't complain :)

Attachments

• 582709_10200780164890334_362785628_n.jpg
    582709_10200780164890334_362785628_n.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,254
Sweet!!! I just completed the modification to mine, as well and I went ahead and cancelled my Pro Pointer order.:laughing: Not really, but it will be good for a back up or for others to use it they don't have one yet.

Mine does that sometimes on it's own

Sometime's I get great range on mine and sometimes I don't I just wonder if my screw is loose are if that's even possible. but I'll know tomorrow when I take it apart to get that extra quarter inch!!

Has anyone thought to put a quick on/off switch in the handle. I would think that it would be useful. You could set the nob on the top to the setting needed for max probing and quickly switch it on and off when you need it. This is something I notice on a lot of the YouTube vids I watch, the guy fumbling around with the pinpointer in every hole.

I actually just put a momentary push button on my pointer for just that reason. While I had it open I also extended the red LED on the board and put it in the end as a visual indicator (very windy today and hard to hear) . Of course I also bumped it up as this thread explained.

Back
Top Bottom