White's DFX vs XLT

Easy way to find out is with one XLT one DFX hit the same park together.
When a target is found scan it with both detectors.

Just 2 cents

"Now that I know the DFX and the XLT it's pretty much the same machine only you wont be able to save programs with the XLT and the XLT doesnt have pre programs like Deep Silver, etc. Well I dont use any of that crap the DFX offers none of it"

Don't you think you outa really know the machine before you claim to???

Your above statement is outright incorrect. you most certainly can modify and save programs on an xlt, and if you didnt know that.............

There is no night and day comparison here between the 2 machines you guys make it sound like you go pick out a field with an xlt then come back with dfx and pull out 3 times as much stuff

thats ridiculous bs and every one knows it. I am using an etrac now
but ill tell you, much like the other guy stated,ill take the xlt out , use my magically saved custom program that doesnt exist and go head to head with anyone running dfx also, to tell you the truth i would rather a fisher f75 than either of those machines as it outperforms both of em, yep it has some quirks but once you learn it a bit it can be tuned stable quick ...

"Now that I know the DFX and the XLT it's pretty much the same machine only you wont be able to save programs with the XLT and the XLT doesnt have pre programs like Deep Silver, etc. Well I dont use any of that crap the DFX offers none of it"

Don't you think you outa really know the machine before you claim to???

Your above statement is outright incorrect. you most certainly can modify and save programs on an xlt, and if you didnt know that.............

There is no night and day comparison here between the 2 machines you guys make it sound like you go pick out a field with an xlt then come back with dfx and pull out 3 times as much stuff

thats ridiculous bs and every one knows it. I am using an etrac now
but ill tell you, much like the other guy stated,ill take the xlt out , use my magically saved custom program that doesnt exist and go head to head with anyone running dfx also, to tell you the truth i would rather a fisher f75 than either of those machines as it outperforms both of em, yep it has some quirks but once you learn it a bit it can be tuned stable quick ...

What do I say to this becasue I believe I made that statement or one very much like it.

You ever watch pimp my ride? Someone gets choosen to get thier car fixed up they drive it in and in some cases it gets towed in and they fix up the car. It's the same car when it leaves the shop but it has the PS3 in the back with a new sound system, new paint, new interior but in reality its still the same car just beefed up.

Whites took the XLT and did the same thing with it and called it a DFX. The DFX is a better machine in that your really getting both detectors rolled into one. Now that I have hunted with the DFX I dont use many of the extras becasue they just didnt work for me. My finds over the years have been more then I could have ever hoped for so with saying that there was no need to use many of the extras the DFX offered becasue I was doing just fine without them.

People are now having the same opinion about the Vision saying its just another version of the DFX just beefed up again (compleatly false). Unlike the XLT the DFX rolled into the shop a waggon and came out a Mustang. The only question that remains does the Mustang run when you turn the key.

I paid $1100 four years ago for my DFX and just sold it for half the purchase price and considering it's paid for itself 10 times over felt that was more than fair. With saying that someone buying a new DFX today and selling it six months from now would easily get $1000 for it. You buy the DFX you dont like the hobby you just sell the machine and the same goes for the XLT.

New in the hobby money is tight I would do what I did go with the XLT. Had I had the money at the time I might have went all out and got the DFX but knowing how I hunt and how the two operate(give or take)I would have stayed with the XLT and not upgraded. Regardless both machines are top notch and ethier way anyone buying one or the other I dont think can go wrong.

Jamie

The EXTRAs

SNIP

Whites took the XLT and did the same thing with it and called it a DFX. The DFX is a better machine in that your really getting both detectors rolled into one. Now that I have hunted with the DFX I dont use many of the extras becasue they just didnt work for me. My finds over the years have been more then I could have ever hoped for! So with saying that there was no need to use many of the extras the DFX offered becasue I was doing just fine without them.

SNIP

Jamie

Jamie, I would think, and from experience, that all the EXTRAS' of the DFX maybe didn't apply to the grounds you were hunting on. But these same EXTRAs are necessitated by other users elsewhere in the US.

Whites have added them for a reason, not just for marketing and sale stimulators ;)

Dfx

My first was a low end Radio Shack and I did a lot of comparing and it was down to the XLT or the DFX. The two frequencies was the deciding factor. An boy am I happy.:yes:

Jamie, I would think, and from experience, that all the EXTRAS' of the DFX maybe didn't apply to the grounds you were hunting on. But these same EXTRAs are necessitated by other users elsewhere in the US.

Whites have added them for a reason, not just for marketing and sale stimulators ;)

Again it doesnt really matter I gave what I thought was an honest take on the DFX, from my point of view. If you and others have different views its nice to hear them only it would be nicer if I wasnt blasted for them.

Just in Merchandise the stories I submitted to the Whites web page paid for my DFX, thats how many times I made the page. I have $3000 in scuba gear and lessons that were paid for by my finds, an Excalibur, and now the Vision I think that weather I know all the features or not this alone qualifies me to give my opinion on the DFX and the XLT, NO?

Anyway thankyou for your side as always its always been with the help of people like you that have made these finds possible. I still cant believe after six years of hunting people are still wondering which is the better detector this alone tells me its to close to call. Did the chicken or the egg come first becasuse thats what we have here.
Jamie

I still cant believe after six years of hunting people are still wondering which is the better detector this alone tells me its to close to call.

No I would say after six years the only people who don't know are those who have never used both, or those who don't want to hear the difference. It's been stated 4 times in this thread alone that, while the XLT is a great detector, it doesn't have the ability of the DFX. What I still can't believe is after all the comments about how the DFX is the better detector, there are still a few who choose to believe this.

Now that I know the DFX and the XLT it's pretty much the same machine

They are nowhere near the same machine. While the DFX can mimic the XLT, the XLT cannot mimic the DFX.

Last edited:
xlt or dfx

its all in knowing your machine i have a friend that has been metal detecting for almost 30 years and he has found many of gold rings and necklaces in fact he hunts with people that use the dfx he has both but prefers his xlt.The xlt programs can be adjusted to act like the dfx.If you want a gold machine then neither the dfx or the xlt is the right one.

Wow what a thread . . .

I know of a guy who bought a DFX for the gold and is selling his 2yold XLT E-series for $500.

I want something better than the Ace 250

Am I going to buy this tomorrow or not?

You vote!

Back
Top Bottom