Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 $111.97 at Radio Shack

Honestly... If I was to purchase another land detector, I want one without a meter... Its not going to happen though, I am hooked on waterhunting.. :yes:

Good point Brian. I'm sure there are deeper detectors than these top popular ones but they don't target us coin/relic hunters.

I think the display can be a double-edged sword. The key to any good hunter is using available information properly and the more information you can receive can increase your finds.

Personally, I find myself doing more short hunts than long hunts anymore. Spending less time in the field means I need to make the best of my time and my display does just that.

Personally, I find myself doing more short hunts than long hunts anymore. Spending less time in the field means I need to make the best of my time and my display does just that

Me to, the display does make you more productive in some areas. I find on my t2 it makes all the difference on good and bad. Whereas before with other machines, I would not have relied on it so much as now.

I have been a witness to the evolution of the display and it has always been the subject of controversy.

When the display first came out it was only for battery condition and depth. Many old timers claimed the display(a simple meter with a needle) it took power from the detector so it reduced the possible depth. On the other side of the coin was the argument that a meter took less power to indicate a target than did the tone circuit so the meter could indicate a target before the sound circuit.

As far as I remember neither claim was ever proved to be fact but its interesting to note these detectors were lucky to go 5" deep on a good day. Today we see displays on even the entry level detectors so I would have to say it is a popular feature for sure.

I found the Troy X5 to be a great machine but it was expensive and all you heard was how can they justify the price when it hasn't got a meter. But it really didn't need one. However Troy went out of business, though he may be back in the future. Wonder if this time he will feel forced to add a meter even though audio can do the same job and let you detect far faster.

Darn, I think I missed the sale, they are now listing it for 299.00 again :?:, ahhhh no fun :(
I recently bought a Fisher 1280X on eBay for $130.00 and have been practically living in the water ever since I got it in the mail. I need to keep up with this message board more often, I would have bought the BH 3300 for 111.00 in a heart beat just to try it out.
BTW, the Fisher 1280X is just an awesome machine. I have had a few detectorists down here in the Florida Keys helping me out with setting the sensetivity to discrimination ratio and how to tell what the target is by adjusting them once you find a target. Anyway, gotta go, heading to Tavernier today :lol:

Troy is actually still around but working on getting set up to make his own products. Since the falling out he had , it's been a little slow getting started up again. Let's hope they come out with something new soon. :yes:

Don't worry to much about the Bounty Hunter Osiris. If you have a look at
http://www.treasurenet.com/f/index.php?topic=984.0
you will find out lower down the page how it compared with admittedly more expensive machines . The slow recovery speed can be a real pain on busy sites and people are not to happy with it reverting to the factory defaults after pinpointing. Could be that there's a new model due that will sort the niggles.

re: bountyhunters

tonyin ct, i own a bounty hunter pioneer505 and have found small items at a depth of 6-7 inches.( .22 casings, small shards of cans, small pieces of lead etc....) it pulled a 1872 seated dime out of my yard at 7 inches. it`s how you use the machine and your knowledge of metal detecting that is the key . my minelab would pull bb`s and small brass screws, out of the sand at 10 inches. if I heard the faintest sound on a target I`d dig for it ! and have found many rings on the beach that way ! some guys would give up on hits like that or would not dig deep enough ! my hunter was around $250 and works just fine. i`ve owned garrets,whites,minelabs and the bountyhunter may not have the bells and whistles but it works !!

The Bounty hunter models produced for Radio Shack actually hold the distinction of being the only brand of metal detectors to find a Dahlonega gold coin.

Hello I would like to bring this topic back up as it is pretty old to see if any one has new info on the Discovery 3300.

I am getting my MD for free with my work safety points but that limits my selection, for the points if have I can chose between the BH Discover 3300, BH QD2 or the Traker IV, wit h these choices I am leaning toward the 3300.

So Please everyone chime back in on this topic and update the info for a newbie.

Thanks

Hi Ramrod! I don't know anything about the detectors you're asking about but I would suggest starting a new thread with your question, since I don't think your question relates to Radioshack having them on sale...

It's a shame you're limited to those 3, though...

if you can get it for $111.xx like the old special 3 years ago ;-)

It has very nice features, like lightness, 4 tone ID, manual - automatic GB, and should go to about 8" deep in most grounds.

But if you are paying regular price ( around $380), I would consider another make like Fisher if you want a detector with display or a Tesoro model if a dispaly is not your thing.

With Bounty Hunter, there seems to be more OOB (Out Of Box) quality issues.
But if you use it immediately after purchasing it and notice something is wrong, the store will exchange it and not have you go through the repair mill.

Hi Ramrod! I don't know anything about the detectors you're asking about but I would suggest starting a new thread with your question, since I don't think your question relates to Radioshack having them on sale...

It's a shame you're limited to those 3, though...

The thing is they won't cost me a dime to see if I like it. I took your advice and started a new thread on the subject.

Thanks BH for your in put also.

I called 5 stores in Michigan and none of them carry any metal detectors. The stores I talked to said they are only going to carry them on-line. Could be that's why they are
clearancing them out in your area.
It did sound like a good deal though.
Ray

Back
Top Bottom