Newbie from Missouri

trsrdr

Hello everyone,
I'm just getting into this after wanting a detector for a looong time, but other hobbies kept getting in the way. I'm hoping to combine this with my love of motorcycle riding, kayaking and camping. My first detector is a Tesoro Compadre thanks to reviews here and elsewhere. So far, I barely have tested it in what appears to be a trashy backyard, but found two old aluminum cans in about 10 minutes. They were deeper than I thought the Compadre was capable of locating, so I'm optimistic about this detector. My only concern is that is seems to be "chirping" quite a bit. Hopefully, that is normal and/or my technique will improve or the ground is just that trashy. Anyway, thanks for all the good info that I've already seen on here!

Hello and welcome from NE Oklahoma. I'm not familiar with your detector so I can't help you there but there are many members here that have used that detector and I'm sure they will chime in.

Hello from Kansas City. What part of MO are you in? You probably had the disc set low and were reading all of the steel trash in the yard. Time and experience will help you understand when to turn the disc up or not.

Hello and welcome from eastern NC.

I love my Compadre, super sensitive. It can be very chatty in trashy areas. Are you running in all metal or disc out the iron? I run mine in the middle of foil where a nickel just crackles. Large steel or iron will still ring through at this setting. Listen carefully to the sound at the beginning and end of a tone. Slow your swing and listen again. Turn 90 to the target swing and listen again. After some time on it you will hear the difference between a pull tab and a coin. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom