• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My Garrett Propointer Arrived Today!

Dan30Cal

On monday afternoon I ordered a Garrett Propointer from Marc at Hollands Brook, it arrived thursday afternoon and came priorty mail.
I got a real nice deal from them, these guys really care about your business!
From now on if they sell it, and I want it, I will buy it from Hollands Brook.
Upon arrival I opened the box and noticed the contents were packaged very well.
That is a big deal to me - when your order has to go halfway across the country in the back of a mail truck
you want it to be packaged real well.
(When I ordered my sniper coil from Kellyco it was just placed in a box - a thick box but still - no packing material at all.)
I have used the bounty hunter pinpointer before and I remember that I had to almost touch the tip to the the target to get a response.
Well not anymore, the Propointer starts to pick up on a coin at 2-1/2" to 3 inches away, starting with a slow beep getting
faster beeping with vibration the closer you get to your target.
That's perfect for me. I wouldn't want it to work any better because it wouldn't really be a pinpointer if it did.
It feels very solid in it's construction, and it's pretty light too - I about 7 ounces with a 9-volt battery.
I feel like i'm repeating everybody when I say "I don't know why I went so long without one."
So if you don't have a Garrett Propointer and want one, (and you do :lol:) talk to Marc from Hollands Brook Detectors.

Yeah, Hollands Brooks rocks. Shipping is quick, goes out same day, or first thing the next. Order at my door 3-4 days later, with free shipping is just plain awesome. I've had electronic parts orders take longer, just to get a tracking number, another week to receive.

My first order was for a Tesoro DeLeon, and already knew the price was set by the manufacturer, so really nothing to discus. The different coils were another story, but the prices he had on the website were much lower than the few others I checked, like the quick shipping I got earlier, so just went with it. Bought a Propointer on impulse, with my third order with Hollands Brook, probably could have talk price a little, but wasn't really my main concern for that order. The prices are good from the beginning, free fast shipping, he deserves what he's asking, my opinion.

The Propointer is a nice tool, but it's really more of a pricey gadget. It does save you a lot of work. I'm a tall guy, and took the time learning to pinpoint with my detector, standing up. I get the target under the center of the coil, stuff a marker into the ground, dig the plug around it. I've already gotten a good idea where it's going to be, and how deep. The diameter of the plug, depends on how deep I need to go. I don't even pick up the pinpointer, unless the target isn't immediately visible. The soil here, is better described as sand, very loose, doesn't hold together well, unless wet or lots of roots. Really don't need more than an inch or so of range from a pinpointer.

Basically, you don't need to be so precise with your detector, if you don't mind spending the time down on your knees. The propointer will save you sometime, learning to pinpoint with your detector. I've never really put a huge dependence on an electronic device (tool), the batteries fail, the device fails, and then you are lost...

It will pickup large objects at least 8" away so if it beeps & you dont find a coin within the next 3" it's probably a large object, at that point I backfill & move on

The propointer will save you sometime, learning to pinpoint with your detector. I've never really put a huge dependence on an electronic device (tool), the batteries fail, the device fails, and then you are lost...

I can pinpoint pretty well just by doing the "X" method, you know swing beep, turn 90 degrees swing beep,
then it is right close to the two beeps.
I bought the propointer to find the target faster after I dug and am looking for the dark coin in the dark dirt.

This thing will give you much information before you dig, too.

My holes are small, my recoveries are fast, my volume is high.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=68678

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=82678

Thanks for the links and advice!

That is awesome. Hollands Brook sounds like a good place to get stuffs.

Yeah, Hollands Brooks rocks. Shipping is quick, goes out same day, or first thing the next. Order at my door 3-4 days later, with free shipping is just plain awesome. I've had electronic parts orders take longer, just to get a tracking number, another week to receive.

My first order was for a Tesoro DeLeon, and already knew the price was set by the manufacturer, so really nothing to discus. The different coils were another story, but the prices he had on the website were much lower than the few others I checked, like the quick shipping I got earlier, so just went with it. Bought a Propointer on impulse, with my third order with Hollands Brook, probably could have talk price a little, but wasn't really my main concern for that order. The prices are good from the beginning, free fast shipping, he deserves what he's asking, my opinion.

The Propointer is a nice tool, but it's really more of a pricey gadget. It does save you a lot of work. I'm a tall guy, and took the time learning to pinpoint with my detector, standing up. I get the target under the center of the coil, stuff a marker into the ground, dig the plug around it. I've already gotten a good idea where it's going to be, and how deep. The diameter of the plug, depends on how deep I need to go. I don't even pick up the pinpointer, unless the target isn't immediately visible. The soil here, is better described as sand, very loose, doesn't hold together well, unless wet or lots of roots. Really don't need more than an inch or so of range from a pinpointer.

Basically, you don't need to be so precise with your detector, if you don't mind spending the time down on your knees. The propointer will save you sometime, learning to pinpoint with your detector. I've never really put a huge dependence on an electronic device (tool), the batteries fail, the device fails, and then you are lost...

Finding something small that is dark in soil can be a nightmare and the propointer makes it so easy you feel like your robbing the hobby, thank god its a closely guarded secret or all the detectorists would use one and then where would we be?

Richer springs to mind

Back
Top Bottom