Old Hospital Medicine Bottle/Jar Dump. Over 40 found.. Minis!! Pics Added

Papa Plug

Years ago my uncle told me about this place that used to be an old hospital from around 1870-1940. It's now a park. Said he went there as a kid and found old bottles and a gold pocket watch just sitting on the bank of the creek that runs behind the building. Well I got curious about 2 weeks ago and decided to pick my cousin up and check it out. Didn't find much with the metal detector. Almost everything was a surface/eyeball find. I know the building used to be 4 stories, I'm guessing they took all the trash and burned it then pushed it into the creek, a few of the bottles are melted.
I know I still need to clean them off.. Please forgive me. Lol But if anyone can help ID anything or have an idea of value I'd appreciate it.

image_zpse4535ec6.jpg

image_zpse382d6a1.jpg

image_zpsb3a1b8ce.jpg

image_zpsffa274d8.jpg

image_zps98d6ce2e.jpg

image_zps8b1e910a.jpg

image_zpsf76321aa.jpg

image_zps0e7bfaa1.jpg

image_zps5eab751b.jpg

image_zps0f7308f8.jpg

image_zpsffed032a.jpg

image_zps7c8b7ee3.jpg

image_zps88aa26fd.jpg

image_zpsdfafe81b.jpg

image_zpsa41e0119.jpg

Metal Detecting Finds
image_zpsb1ae7170.jpg

image_zps4cd9fd17.jpg

Last edited:
Having trouble uploading multiple pictures at a time. Trying to figure this out I guess. Give me a minute. Lol

image.jpg

I actually have asked this very same question in the past. T.C.W Co is also known as the Wheaton glass Company. Check this thread out, I had a lot of these same questions before. ( i am still a bottle noob, but the folks helped me out a lot with my Wheaton bottles)

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=115674

Thanks for the link man. Definitely helped me out with the Wheaton bottles. Finally got the pics to works. Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,008
Not a problem man! it looks like You found quite a few nice ones, a lot of the bottles i found were Mini's as well. A lot of the same makers too! Lots of Vaccination stuff in those dumps. I never found a syringe, But i did find a Babies vaccination tag with a name and is dated 1954 (no pics). Here is actually the thread i made awhile back containing most of my photos.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=115601

( I also found a cast iron piggy bank from around 1918 out there!) I know a the dump I found, after some researching, i found out that Dump fires back in those days were fairly common. There were at least 2 bad ones at the site I found, so there is plenty of melted glass. I like to go back to the area after the spring floods, as the one i located, is also next to a river.

Good stuff man. Looks like you found some nice ones. That pig crazy. Haha

You guys think we should go back? I'm sure there'll be a lot more if I do some digging.

I say why not? If you like bottles, its something nice to keep in your back pocket in case you can't go detecting, but can go bottle hunting for some reason. Not to mention you never know what you could find back there! Just watch out for the ticks :D

I say why not? If you like bottles, its something nice to keep in your back pocket in case you can't go detecting, but can go bottle hunting for some reason. Not to mention you never know what you could find back there! Just watch out for the ticks :D

I mean I like them and think they're cool and everything. It's just that if I go back and return with another haul like that I'll be buried in them. Lol
Any idea if they're worth anything? I really like that cobalt blue one, and those super tiny broke ones.

I would have left those there and walked away so fast (just me, not knocking your efforts at all). They have screw tops/needle tops and aren't that old. The Ponds cream are junk as well.

If you like them, do what you will.

I would have left those there and walked away so fast (just me, not knocking your efforts at all). They have screw tops/needle tops and aren't that old. The Ponds cream are junk as well.

I would keep them- they are so cool.:D Congrats on the bottles!

Haha. Oh well. Maybe I'll sell them in a lot on eBay minus the mini cobalt blue.
Are they all screw/needle tops?

Nice stuff. Put that light bulb where it won't get broken. I agree on the dishwasher for the bottles. Stick it on rinse and hold for a while after you run them through on heavy clean if they still need cleaning. If you have to you can finish them up by hand. Those stopper or cork bottles are collectible as well as the milk white ones.

Nice stuff. Put that light bulb where it won't get broken. I agree on the dishwasher for the bottles. Stick it on rinse and hold for a while after you run them through on heavy clean if they still need cleaning. If you have to you can finish them up by hand. Those stopper or cork bottles are collectible as well as the milk white ones.

Which lightbulb? I'm assuming you mean both, but which do you think is older? I was surprised they weren't broke after so long.
So if they don't have a screw top they are a cork or stopper bottle? Sorry, I'm not a huge bottle collector.. I gain you could call me a hoarder of the old. Lol

Which lightbulb? I'm assuming you mean both, but which do you think is older? I was surprised they weren't broke after so long.
So if they don't have a screw top they are a cork or stopper bottle? Sorry, I'm not a huge bottle collector.. I gain you could call me a hoarder of the old. Lol

The smaller one is a radio tube.Yes the bottles probably take a cork unless you found some glass stoppers for them. Wrap the light bulb and just put the stuff away dirty. If you ever sell them they should bring just as much that way if they are not damaged.

Needle tops always give me the creeps too! I don't think you have anything old enough but hang on to anything marked Poison or with the skull & crossbones. They are usually brown but sometimes green molded.

Nothing that cool. I'd be kinda scared if I found one with old sediment in them.

The smaller one is a radio tube.Yes the bottles probably take a cork unless you found some glass stoppers for them. Wrap the light bulb and just put the stuff away dirty. If you ever sell them they should bring just as much that way if they are not damaged.

Sweet! Thanks. Wrapped up in paper towels and into a shoebox they go.

Umm... I "forgot" to mention that I found an almost complete teacup with dirt in it.. Well I scrapped the dirt out of it and found what I'm pretty sure is a human finger bone.. I left it there unfortunately.

I am not surprised by this as my uncle told me he found a human skull along with the gold watch he found.. He turned it into the cops.. The place is a park now with jogging trails 5 feet away from the creek where I found the bone.. Kinda weird.

Back
Top Bottom