My First Ring Return

FIREBIRD

Today I got to return my 1956 class ring that I found to the original owner. The story goes that he and his wife of 57 years dated all through High School and she wore the ring around her neck. They got married immediately after graduating and moved to Ft. Worth for LSU as an exchange student. He asked his new bride if he could wear the ring again since they were married, to which she agreed. It wasn't long after that, he lost it going to work one morning while snow was on the ground. 57 years later, I swung my coil over the ring and brought it to the surface. As it turns out, his LSU ring was stolen some years ago so this is now the only school ring that he has. My family and I spent nearly 3 hours with he and his wife where I took them to the site and we went to lunch. He gave his wife the ring, kissed her and asked her to "go steady".

Attachments

• IMG_2018.jpg
    IMG_2018.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 432
  • PB220511.JPG
    PB220511.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 413
  • PB220514.JPG
    PB220514.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 316
  • PB220517.JPG
    PB220517.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 256
Congratulations on that find and return. Sounds like a highlite to a great hobby. When the people ask what's your best find, I think you have it with this story.:yes:
Cheers
Doc

Good on you

Congratz on the return. Expect good luck hunting, as Karma will reward you.
Tis a good feeling when you return something.

Nothin' but awesome right there. Way to go on making those folks' day(year)! Better than melt any day. Keep it up.

Wow, what a great story!

That has got to be the most tasteful yet richest looking class rings I've seen posted. Congrats on the find and an awesome return too..

Thanks for sharing all the fun.. I'm working on a return myself, hoping to hear something from the high school on Monday.. If that one goes well, I have one more I will try again on..

Three cheers to you Sir!

<*)))>{

Awesome story, and I love his response! Congrats on finding him! You brought a HUGE amount of joy into his life.

Back
Top Bottom