are these coins ?

romyrome

Elite Member
are these coins ? (the bottom two ) idk what they are they are the same size as a dime and i found them on a beach i dont think people metal detect , anyone have a clue ?:?:

Attachments

• 10743743_1016565208360042_1410683970_n.jpg
    10743743_1016565208360042_1410683970_n.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 440
You may never be able to tell exactly what coin they are but its cool that you were able to find them before they were completely gone.

These reminded me of the "christmas story" movie ,....the way the guy described the tires on his dads car , he said ....." my old mans tires were only tires in the literal sense.....they were round ,..... they had once been made of rubber....." :laughing:

Anyway...thats just what popped into my mind when I seen them :lol:

They are likely 2 more mercury dimes. I've found a few that look like that after being in the ocean for a long time.

You may never be able to tell exactly what coin they are but its cool that you were able to find them before they were completely gone.

lol :laughing: indeed

These reminded me of the "christmas story" movie ,....the way the guy described the tires on his dads car , he said ....." my old mans tires were only tires in the literal sense.....they were round ,..... they had once been made of rubber....." :laughing:

Anyway...thats just what popped into my mind when I seen them :lol:

They are likely 2 more mercury dimes. I've found a few that look like that after being in the ocean for a long time.

ya you may be right i think they are old dimes the ocean has ate up :grin:

I don't think they are silver. I know what you mean but those coins are also very black looking where as these look more like the copper core of the coin is showing now that the outer silvery metal is gone.

Could they possibly be "punchouts" from an old electrical Breaker box/Panel?

Back
Top Bottom