2 Silvers in COINSTAR today

jimther

Elite Member
Well, I guess until the ground thaws here in the frozen Northeast, I'm detecting at the Coinstar machines.

At a Stop & Shop today, the reject bin had 3 Lincoln cents (two of them Zincolns), a Canadian nickel and TWO U.S. silver coins :wow:, a 1946 Rosie and a 1962 Washington quarter.

How many silver coins from the Coinstars will I find before I'm able to fire up the Spectrum XLT to pick up a natural dirt find silver ?

IMG_3456.jpg

Big Hit! A nice chubby washington too!
Someday I am going to find a keeper otta one of those machines .
Great score !

Big Hit! A nice chubby washington too!

Someday I am going to find a keeper otta one of those machines .

Great score !

Found my first keeper last week, a 64 Washington. I am blessed to have a machine now at work that does our deposits so we fill it with coins all week long and the rolls from work...it hates silver....if you get my drift. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I guess until the ground thaws here in the frozen Northeast, I'm detecting at the Coinstar machines.

At a Stop & Shop today, the reject bin had 3 Lincoln cents (two of them Zincolns), a Canadian nickel and TWO U.S. silver coins :wow:, a 1946 Rosie and a 1962 Washington quarter.

How many silver coins from the Coinstars will I find before I'm able to fire up the Spectrum XLT to pick up a natural dirt find silver ?

View attachment 406098

Nice! That's as much modern silver as I've ever legitimately found in the dirt (I did find a walking liberty half-dollar once, but it was a recent drop at an elementary school.)

Silver

Pretty cool. My best was only one silver quarter. Although, today looks like I found a gold coin in the coin star? It has a reeded edge, is worn really bad, and unidentifiable, and test as 10K? Not sure what it is actually.

Nice coinstar grab, I've had 1 find so far it was a zincoln. You guys that find the good stuff, are you in more populated areas? We have 2 coinstars in town but our population is only about 8000 people. Of course I've only checked about 6 times so far and scored a single penny.

Back
Top Bottom