KT had a nail biter this week.....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
This week had some real ups and downs...His dump machine was broken for several days so KT had to spend an hour and 45 minutes at one of the S L O W machines at another branch...but KT got His coins dumped so he had the cash to pick up his next 5 boxes yesterday.

KT posted his 51D quarter find in the CoinStar machine at Krogers at lunch that day! And all was looking very good! But then came the hunt...ripped through 4 boxes last night...:shock::shock: What a bummer...not one silver!

And some stinker substituted a quarter for a half in one of the rolls so was auto down 25 cents! :no: Did get a nice proof, some NIFCs and another magic coin...this time a real interesting one...

So when KT got back to the Castle this evening...He had that one box left...started slowly through it and in the 2nd $100 worth out popped a 40%er! KT was a bit happier then! Another blank $100 and KT was down to just the last 20 rolls...when BINGO! Up popped a 64 Ken! Happy Days! and when running the last 10 rolls out rolled another 40%er! :kingdances: So KT wrapped up with the 5th box saving the week! Whew! It was real roller coaster! :laughing:

I got pics of all the goodies for viewing...the last two pics are the obverse and reverse of that magic coin...it...or rather they are used in a trick listed as "Scotch and Soda" on the internet, even a video as to how it works. The Ken is hollowed out and only has an obverse, and the Mexican peso coin has been ground to half thickness and attached to the back of a normal Ken. But in the case of this coin, someone goofed up on the trick and pushed the peso in upside down into the Ken shell...it is stuck...KT cannot get it out, although perhaps heating the Ken side and cooling the peso side would do to allow it to be removed...It is certainly a prize for KT's Oddities collection! Unless DirtyRob happens to read this post and decides he wants it...HA HA He got the other two double sided Ken magic coins KT found previously!

Anywho, enjoy the pics! KT got himself 3 nice silvers! :D:D:D

Attachments

• CRH 03 28 2013 1 90%er 2 40%ers.jpg
    CRH 03 28 2013 1 90%er 2 40%ers.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 366
  • CRH 03 28 2013 14 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 03 28 2013 14 NIFCs.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 366
  • CRH 03 28 2013 1 proof.JPG
    CRH 03 28 2013 1 proof.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 356
  • CRH 03 28 2013 Magic coin obverse.JPG
    CRH 03 28 2013 Magic coin obverse.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 365
  • CRH 03 28 2013 Magic coin reverse.JPG
    CRH 03 28 2013 Magic coin reverse.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 364
nice finds...

KT, like I've been saying, "I want to eventually do the Kennedy halves for my book collection that I've been starting." NOT quite understanding the peso thing though:?::?::?::blink: I don't know how to ask the question on "why" :shrug: I guess I will have to look that up when I get around to it:roll: HH \_ KT...

KT, like I've been saying, "I want to eventually do the Kennedy halves for my book collection that I've been starting." NOT quite understanding the peso thing though:?::?::?::blink: I don't know how to ask the question on "why" :shrug: I guess I will have to look that up when I get around to it:roll: HH \_ KT...

Its a trick magic coin...Go to Google.com and look up Scotch and Soda magic trick video to see how it is supposed to be done!

Duuuudddddeeeeee!!!

Its a trick magic coin...Go to Google.com and look up Scotch and Soda magic trick video to see how it is supposed to be done!

W.T.? :?::?::?: It's heresy I tell you. The work of the devil:shock::yikes: I watched a the guy even do it in "slow mo" and STILL :?::thinking::saywhat::sos: The light may be a bit dim "upstairs" but I'm STILL somewhat able to think about things but when it comes to stuff like this there's simply NO POWER up in the "attic":roll::?::p Thanks KT... now I'm gonna have to goto bed at night with the AR under my pillow thinking the devils after me or something:D

HH \_ to you

Nifc

Hail the King,

I have also been saving the NIFCs and wondered if you could tell me if there is any certain characteristics I should look for. Also can you sell them for anything, or do you think they will be more valuable later?

Thanks!

Hail the King,

I have also been saving the NIFCs and wondered if you could tell me if there is any certain characteristics I should look for. Also can you sell them for anything, or do you think they will be more valuable later?

Thanks!

Coolade, you are a man after my own ways! :lol::lol::lol:

KT was a coin collector from age 8 to 12 and later when in his 50s was very interested in and collected mint errors.

Here is KT's reasoning for saving the NIFCs. First, everyone tells you save some money! Common sense right? But just save money or perhaps put it into SOMETHING that might gain a bit in value as time passes...:?::?:

Now, get yourself a Redbook and look at the low mintage years of any dates of coins less than 100 years old...they are called the KEY dates by every collector! Not many made and anyone collecting that series of coins wants em to fill out their collection. So....why collect NIFCs of new year Kennedy half dollars???:?::?: First you are saving money...just like your advisors told you, not as paper but still its M O N E Y! :laughing::laughing: AND, it is low mintage coins...coins that future collectors will want to buy cause they can't find em....When the US Mint ends the Kennedy series of halves...and KT does not doubt they will, what will be the scarce dates??? Well, logic says the silver ones...64-70, any proofs cause they never were of large mintages, any 87 (low mintage ~2 million), and the present NIFCs (all in the range of just a few million 2 - 4 million).

KT may not live to see them have significant collector's value, but surely Prince John will, or his offspring! So...KT builds some treasure boxes that have real value presently and significant POTENTIAL for future growth. KT has not and does not plan to cash them in, but does this for future generation of his offspring....We all want to leave something of value, why not coins...scarce and hard to find ones!

Of course, any good collector coin of scarce mintage and high quality will continue to grow in value...in the good times, and in bad times it will hold its value. So you may prefer to take that same money and invest in a single high-quality coin once a year..but remember when you do that, you are paying the seller a profit...that's money it will take you awhile to recoup.

That's KT's reasoning for saving them, pure and simple.

BTW, KT finished the dump of these halves today and the total overage from the bank machine for this week is $11.65! :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom