Minelab warranty

WyoTom

Elite Member
I’m kinda depressed lol... My Ctx developed the black vertical lines in the display. Luckily it’s still under warranty so I shipped it to the detector Center in Pennsylvania yesterday. Of course I hit a hot spot in my park a few days ago! Great signals everywhere! I hope I get it back soon! I’m already having withdrawals!

At least this happened while under warranty. I am sure that repairs done outside of warranty have to be expensive with Minelab.

I’m kinda depressed lol... My Ctx developed the black vertical lines in the display. Luckily it’s still under warranty so I shipped it to the detector Center in Pennsylvania yesterday. Of course I hit a hot spot in my park a few days ago! Great signals everywhere! I hope I get it back soon! I’m already having withdrawals!

Hope you get it back soon.
Yeah, most repairs on CTX as far a small electronics (out of warranty) >$400
From reports I have read. And the shipping cost has to be added.

What causes that problem? You're not near salt water in Wyoming, is it heat buildup?

Just a few months after I got my Equinox, I broke a coil ear somehow. Not even sure how it happened- I discovered it when I took the coil off to clean it up after a shallow muddy creek hunt. Minelab warranty was in effect,. It was by far the best warranty service and communication by any company of any type that I have ever experienced. They sent me a prepaid return label via email the same day I contacted them. I shipped my broken coil out the next day and I had a replacement NEW coil in 7 days. All in, including the weekend, I was out of business for 10 days. $0 cost to me. Hope you have a similar experience.

I've always wondered why the manufacturer of the most expensive detectors always seems to need the most repairs...or the most expensive. Heck, I never see many users of other manufactures machines dumping them for sale just before the warranty runs out. It's not even a concern on most others,but happens a LOT with minelab users.

Still haven’t gotten it back!!!! It’s been 3 weeks today... pretty disappointed to say the least. I understand they are probably pretty busy but when your told 7-10 days turnaround?

Give them a call at the repair center, not the Ill. office. I expect that they are waiting for a part.

Detector Center

188 Oak Shade Road

Alum Bank, PA 15521

Here’s something from their website

If you have an RMA and a detector repair already in process and need to contact us, try one of the following:

Phone: 814-283-4270

Email: [email protected]

Note that we will not set up repairs directly, you will be required to contact one of the manufacturers to do this.

Back
Top Bottom