My First Metal Detecting Trip...

RedSox8945

...and not a thing to show for it. First off, I guess I didn't do enough research. When I got to the site, it was steep downhill, very rocky, and used by local kids to party. As if these issues weren't enough, this was my first time using a detector. All I was getting were bottle caps and crushed beer cans.
That being said, I learned ALOT today. I learned the different sounds my machine makes, I learned I will be digging a lot of bottle caps and crushed cans, I learned how to dig a tidy hole, and I learned disappointment in detecting early.
So, tomorrow starts a new day, and a new day off from work, so I will be searching out a new site to hunt.

Chad

Great to know you got out and did some digging just remember the good finds are usually not as often as the pulltabs and bottlecaps
Good luck and keep trying

We've all been there Chad, it's not a unique experience.
You also can't tell too much from a site just by one visit, unless it's a very small area indeed.

Research is a good thing, but sometimes it's a matter of detecting wherever you can get permission, then taking pot-luck as to what you may find.

Good luck !

Welcome to the world of metal detecting :lol: We've all gone through the same thing.

Try some local mulch playgrounds if you have them. Very easy digging and you can dig a lot of targets in a short time. Good place to learn.

Try the "Golden Olde" webpage for some other ideas on where to and how to MD

Good luck!

I sure wouldn't give up on the site. If kids go there often to party, you can bet there will be places that hold some good finds.

Chad you will learn something each time you go out sometimes good sometimes bad. Just hang in there and the good ones will become more frequent. Best of luck.

Keep your head up. Just log your beep's and find, and alway's remember that the more you dig the more you find. It may be trash but if you don't dig you don't know. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom