Hi, new guy here

N.M Prospector

Hi all,
I just found your site, I'am into prospecting and relic hunting. I have found gold nuggets, and all kinds of old relics,and coins. I hunt mostly on my mining claims here in New Mexico. Any body here use the Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger?

Hey, great to have you on board. I've done some gold panning in New Mexico and really enjoy going there.

Thanks,
Yea panning and digging for gold is a blast. Here is a pic of some of my finds.

IMAG0015.jpg

Very nice. What part of NM are you in? I usually go up around the Red River area. Lots of activities to do up there.

Nice

N.M.,
That is some nice looking gold, never have went prospecting, planning on going this summer to Douglas Creek Wyoming, maybe I will change my mine and go to N.M., I have a Aunt and Uncle that live N.M. Once again VERY COOL GOLD.
See Ya Greg

Thanks guys,
I'am in socorro about 75 miles south of Albuquerque. Here is the rest of my gold,some of the bigger nuggets came from AZ.

gallery__5_4481.jpg

Welcome

From the land ofthe Bluenose.....wowzer that is very impressive for sure. Welcome to the forum and looking forward to additional posts! Happy hunting! :D

You'd like it Epi. It's as fun as metal detecting. In fact, you can detect for nuggets so it's the best of both worlds!

Amazing finds! I'm in Texas (just east of Dallas) -- no gold here :o( I sure have enjoyed your pics, though. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks again to all for the welcome,
I was at the claims about 2 or 3 weeks ago,just walking around and I stoped to pick up a piece of copper ore and something right beside it was shining at me. Well I picked them up and it was a nice little nugget. I t was my first nugget found without a detector. :shock:

100_0409.jpg

Spelled Llano, but it's not the only one. I know several places there and it's not just in the Hill Country. The only problem is, much of it is privately owned. :o(

Welcome aboard Prospector! I'm looking forward to learning a little from you about your side of the hobby. Sadly, I'm here in Rhode Island, so I KNOW there's no gold to pan from the rivers around here, but I'd love to hear more about it! Happy Hunting!

I will post more about it. I just wonder if they want it here or someplace else? I want to post it in the right place.

Back
Top Bottom