German Flak grenade

D-Mon

Found this on one of my first searches. Took it home, because it was already shot, figuring it couldn't do any harm. Then I looked up some info and it appears to be a Flak Grenade. It seems that some of those grenades could also have a detonating charge in the tip. :shock:

Anyway, I rang the police, who notified the bomb disposal unit and they came to take it away. Glad this one is out of my house. So next time I find something alike, it stays buried!!! :surrender:

For more info: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_cm_FlaK_30#undefined

PS: the ruler is in centimeter and the weight was 120g

Attachments

• flakgranaat.jpg
    flakgranaat.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 616
yes yes in my country many beginners bring flaks at home, posting pictures on local forum thinking it's just a bullet covered in thick rust. Than there's this saying bigger is better...:roll:
In reality it is very dangerous and quite sensitive.

Let me give you an advice. ''Stuff'' like that doesn't have any value on the market and the same goes for explosive devices of any kind, fuzes, bullets and similar. You will hardy cover postal expenses sending it.
Leave it where it is.

yes yes in my country many beginners bring flaks at home, posting pictures on local forum thinking it's just a bullet covered in thick rust. Than there's this saying bigger is better...:roll:
In reality it is very dangerous and quite sensitive.

I can see wooden table i presume. So very probably you brought it home too!
Let me give you an advice. ''Stuff'' like that doesn't have any value on the market and the same goes for explosive devices of any king, fuzes, bullets and similar. You will hardy cover postal expenses sending it.
Leave it where it is.

well most people do it for the fun not the money as it should be.

I don't find much war stuff up here apart from the occasional surplus rifle brass. I have found a few live .22 rounds last made in 1961. Still have them to this day... but its not as dangerous as those are obviously.

If i did however find something like that i would take it to the local gun range and plug a few bullets in it from a safe distance... I would not leave it in the ground however without notifying the bomb squad first.

well most people do it for the fun not the money as it should be.

you've said it Glennz! It was my first WWII-find, so it had some kind of emotional value.

I'm also in it for the fun of searching and figuring out what I've dug up.

Should it be a golden Roman coin with a value of 10.000+ euro, then that would probably change things :lol::gettinmoney: Though the chance of finding something like that is probably the same chance of winning the lottery :no:

Back
Top Bottom