Vintage Detector Story

ClassicRS

Here's a good one....

Late one nite...like 11:30pm, in 1983 (I was 17) came a knock on my door.

It was my neighboor who was in a panic. He'd just lost his class ring while toilet papering someones house.

He knew I had detectors and begged me for help. I had an old White's at the time...I have no idea which model but it was big as a shoebox on a stick.

So across town we arrive at the toilet papered house, climb the fence, and he shows me the general area when it might be. I turn on the detector struggling to see the control panel in the dark, and just as it comes on, I feel something under my foot...and low and behold it's his ring.

What did I do? I moved the detector over the ring a minute later....got a solid beep and saved the day!

Never did tell him I found it with my foot!

I hear you. Vintage detectors are just like old guys:they may lose some
teeth but they're still dangerous enough :laughing:

Attachments

• wildcat 002.jpg
    wildcat 002.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 420
Here's a good one....

Late one nite...like 11:30pm, in 1983 (I was 17) came a knock on my door.

It was my neighboor who was in a panic. He'd just lost his class ring while toilet papering someones house.

He knew I had detectors and begged me for help. I had an old White's at the time...I have no idea which model but it was big as a shoebox on a stick.

So across town we arrive at the toilet papered house, climb the fence, and he shows me the general area when it might be. I turn on the detector struggling to see the control panel in the dark, and just as it comes on, I feel something under my foot...and low and behold it's his ring.

What did I do? I moved the detector over the ring a minute later....got a solid beep and saved the day!

Never did tell him I found it with my foot!

LOL thats funny. :lol::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom