I'll be Hornrswaggled!!

N

ncseadog

Just talked to an 96 year old aunt, the last living relative connection to the past and mentioned the IH we found. The land my BIL found the IH on was not only the old homeplace but had a store on it as well. It was a general merchandise store until the new store was opened in town. The land was sold in the late fifties so it was not of much interest until now. It is really poor land and won't grow squat so it had been used for tobacco barns, an air strip, and implement storage location. Luckily a distant cousin now owns it. A lesson learned here, ask your older relatives about family history. We are getting all her pictures and family records when she passes on. She's coming over next week and tell us "the rest of the story" on the old days and who was who in the pictures.

I guess we do learn something everyday!

Older people are a great resource. I've talked to one that has lived here since the 1930's and he's provided some great information.

A lot of info can be gotten from talking to the old timers. But I think they too get a kick out of going down memory lane.

Back
Top Bottom