1800's hunt.... Oldest coin? Deringer pistol

HullGuitars

Forum Supporter
Met a good friend today for a hunt at an old 1800's home that's still standing. He hit an indian head right off the bat, and I got a wheat, which I think is my oldest coin so far but cant make out the last number in the date. I posted several photos under my "iphone microscope" so I would like yalls opinions. If its a 1910 its my oldest coin, MISSED INDIAN MY TWO YEARS DAMNET!!! I was out for Indians today, but he had to leave shortly after we arrived at the site (45min) so I didn't get my chance.
Went to another site that dates back to the 1820's.
Dug a derringer first target, then stepped into the spring water and found a wheat sitting on top of the hardpack.
Also found a tin that reads "7 in 1, kopy rite, JAZZ BAND".
Wonder if it was musical reeds or something??? Anyone seen anything like this?
Not sure if the derringer is a real gun or what. It sure looks like all my old derringers that fire. If so,,,.... pretty neet find.

Attachments

• 714.jpg
    714.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 471
  • 7142.jpg
    7142.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 439
  • 7143.jpg
    7143.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 415
  • 7144.jpg
    7144.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 414
  • 7145.jpg
    7145.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 416
  • 7146.jpg
    7146.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 411
  • 7147.jpg
    7147.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 410
  • 7148.jpg
    7148.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 416
The what's it is probably condom pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a brand name deringer. This is the correct spelling. It was a single shot muzzle loader. One of the originals was used to kill Lincoln. NICE DIGGS.

Nice finds yet again, Hull. Toy or not the gun is really cool! I'm getting 1914 on your wheatie but honestly too hard to tell for sure. You might want to try and drop it in a bowl of peroxide for a bit if you're okay with attempting to clean it to get a better view of the date. I'm guessing you have some good sites in an old town like Chattanooga. I get up there on occasion to meet with clients in Ringgold. Maybe we could meet up for a hunt sometime. HH!

Nice finds yet again, Hull. Toy or not the gun is really cool! I'm getting 1914 on your wheatie but honestly too hard to tell for sure. You might want to try and drop it in a bowl of peroxide for a bit if you're okay with attempting to clean it to get a better view of the date. I'm guessing you have some good sites in an old town like Chattanooga. I get up there on occasion to meet with clients in Ringgold. Maybe we could meet up for a hunt sometime. HH!
''

That would be great!!! I actually live in ringgold and I also have a second store front in ringgold. Lets get together and hunt for sure!!! When will you be up here next? I guarentee to get you on some silver...

Back
Top Bottom