Evolution Extreme Digging Blade and Holster

ProDigger

Reposted 05/03/2017
When I emigrated to the USA, I brought with me my Evolution Extreme Digging Blade. I'm glad I did, because when I bought the Minelab 60 detector for my wife, I wanted to buy her a decent digging blade like my Evolution Extreme- but after weeks of fruitless researching what's available in the USA I came to the conclusion that there are none in the USA that match the Evolution Extreme in build quality or strength, so I ordered one from the UK for her.
It's a very strong blade made from 3mm thick stainless steel with rubber coated hand guard and sawtooth edges for cutting through rough ground. Everyone on the UK forum (https://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/) swears by them and I've never heard of anyone being disappointed or breaking one. Blade dimensions - Total length - 310mm (12.2"). Blade - 175mm (6.88") x 55mm ( 2.16"). Handle - 130mm (5.12").
You can buy them in several UK detecting stores but I think the cheapest you'll find is at this link - https://www.metaldetectingauction.com/listing/evolution-extreme-blade/102053 - they do ship internationally.

Now when I bought my Evolution Extreme blade it came with a free canvas holster but they no longer have these. They do have a leather holster ( https://www.metaldetectingauction.com/listing/evolution-extreme-blade-leather-holster/103476 ) but I didn't fancy that at the price.

Anyway- we did finally manage to find the perfect sheath/holster for it from Menards here in the USA- I'm sure they'll also sell them at other DIY stores. The Toughbuilt Large Pliers holster, Model # TB-CT-35-L. This holster has a unique, versatile central pocket with a bottom that can be secured closed for standard tools or opened up to fit longer tools. It's a perfect fit for the Evolution Extreme Digging Blade with the bottom opened, which also lets dried soil fall out. It also includes a screw driver loop, tape measure clip and pencil pocket. With rugged construction and heavy-duty pocket reinforcement this reliable holster withstands the most rigorous working conditions.

So I got this for my wife and bought one for myself too- much better than the canvas sheath that came with it.
http://www.toughbuilt.com/product/pliers-pouch-large
The Evolution Extreme blade fits in the pliers pouch perfectly with just the tip of the blade poking out the bottom, but it won't stab you- the velcro adjustment strap is behind the blade tip.

Attachments

• toughbuilt pliers holster.jpg
    toughbuilt pliers holster.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,327
  • Toughbuilt Digging Knife holster forum.JPG
    Toughbuilt Digging Knife holster forum.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,592
  • EE in holster forum.JPG
    EE in holster forum.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,222
Last edited:
That is badass looking. Is the secondary holster able to house a pin pointer, though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

More info on holster with pro pointer too

After CJayC's comment, I did some further checking on the ToughBuilt holster and my Pro-Pointer.
The pointer will just fit in the side pocket, but as you can see from the photo, not really far enough and personally I wouldn't trust it there- too easy to fall out with a slight knock & unless attached by a lanyard too easy to lose.

However, you can easily attach the Pro-pointer holster to the front of the knife holster and this holds the pointer out of the way of the knife but readily accessible. I'll be using mine this way in future. :grin:

Attachments

• forum, Pro-Pointer side.JPG
    forum, Pro-Pointer side.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,375
  • forum, Pro-Pointer front.JPG
    forum, Pro-Pointer front.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,328
Looking at the one photo with it in there, it not fitting properly seems like a blessing, actually, as it looks like it'd be just a tad too close to the blade.

But now I have an idea. What I would do, is take the actual pointer holster and slip the belt strap through the smaller, attached holster and snap it in place. Might have to cut a hole in the fabric to accommodate the snap halves, though.

Now my only concern is how well my White's digger would fit…

EDIT:

Disregard what I said about modifying it to attach the pointer holster. It looks like there's a strap on the front where you'd normally put a tape measure. Just slip the belt loop strap through instead.

EDIT 2:

Aaannnddd it looks like you've already done that…

Advertising... this post should be in member links if you're going to promote products in fairness to the sponsors who pay to advertise here...

I disagree. He gave his opinions on some good tools and instead of waiting for someone to ask, provided a source to them ahead of time.

He's not saying, "Here, buy this!" He's saying, "This is what I use and my experience with it. In case you're wondering, here is where I got it."

At no point in his post does he even try to entice others to buy either product, so I'd hardly consider this advertising.

Last edited:
I'm not advertising these products... I'm saying this is what I use and this is where I bought them, just like anyone else says they bought something from Amazon or Radio Shack.

Back
Top Bottom