• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hammered

ghound

Elite Member
I just love digging these.

Attachments

• 20200712_104509_copy_891x1932.jpg
    20200712_104509_copy_891x1932.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 593
You European guys have all the great detecting sites ! Heck, you can practically waltz into any cultivated field, and eventually find something ancient. Over here, if we "waltz into any cultivated field", we will be rewarded with a zinc penny if we hunt all day ! :roll:

You European guys have all the great detecting sites ! Heck, you can practically waltz into any cultivated field, and eventually find something ancient. Over here, if we "waltz into any cultivated field", we will be rewarded with a zinc penny if we hunt all day ! :roll:

uh...not all of us Tom, LOL. We on the east coast have to deal with boring colonial coppers (sigh).

Great find! You got it good across the pond. Such a great and long history. I would love to have the money to go to England and dig. I got a wealthy buddy who keeps begging me to go with him. I can't see going just once though. With my luck it would be a bust, and I just can't afford multiple trips.

Great find. I envy you. I was scheduled for a trip to the UK to detect this fall, but the covid has caused everything to be cancelled. But next year....? Maybe I can find something as neato as that.

I'm impressed with the size of the plug you dug to get it.

There's a nice bit of moisture in the ground, so plugs hold up well

The coin is the same size as a silver dime, but about 1/3 of the thickness, so it makes the plug look deeper, it was 7"-8" inch down.

Great find! You got it good across the pond. Such a great and long history. I would love to have the money to go to England and dig. I got a wealthy buddy who keeps begging me to go with him. I can't see going just once though. With my luck it would be a bust, and I just can't afford multiple trips.

I'm in Northern Ireland, we don't have the depth of finds that you get in the south of England such as Roman, Saxon or gold staters, the odd medieval hammered is about it for us.
If your going on a detecting holiday, just make sure you go to the right area in the UK, some parts don't have a lot of finds lol

Back
Top Bottom