New To CTX 3030

Seven

Forum Supporter
Just upgraded from an Etrac to CTX 3030 and was wondering what I need to change on the stock programs. I mainly hunt schools and parks. I have been using the combined COINS/JEWERY program on the Etrac with fast recovery on, auto sensitivity, and multi tone. Any suggestions for setting up the 3030? Are there downloads I need, etc. Any info and help would be appreciated.

Just connect the ctx to your computer with the xchange2 program open and look on the top for a yellow (I think) icon. If its there its for updates if not theres none needed.

As for programs go to gonehuntings web site he has a good ferrous coin program. Its gonehunting.com. Be sure to watch some of his ctx "how to" videos while your there.

Ctx

Sure there is a lot of info out there especially to get you started. Surf the net. Also a great way to go about it is to read the manual 3-4x. Its on the Minelab site. I printed it and highlighted stuff. Try different settings on a test garden and see what works for you. Preference. Everyones can be different but not wrong. I didn't care for Gonehuntings program.

I have using Evan's (Gonehunting's) settings since I purchased the CTX. Really like them. I downloaded all of his modes. After speaking to him recently, he suggested trying the Ground Coin setting in highly mineralized soil.

Back
Top Bottom