Anyone using the Fisher F22?

Ron 71

Forum Supporter
My new F22 should be here tomorrow and would like to hear from others what they think of it. I started MDing about a month ago and wanted a good salt water beach detector, so i purchased a sand shark figuring i would also use it for local parks etc. So far I have found enough nails, pulltabs, and bottlecaps to fill a large bucket and maybe enough clad to buy a cup of coffee. I am not complaining as I am having a lot of fun. I just want to try disc. out some of the iron. I will continue to use the tesoro for the beach, any input from others using the F22 or just Fishers in general would be appreciated Thanks :D

I owned an F22. It's very much like a Garrett AT Pro with 5 x 8 coil. Of course its not waterproof but does only need 2AA instead of 4. Depth is comparable. Maybe slightly less. Where the AT outshines the F22 is in its ability for its VDI number to "lock in" on deeper targets. The F22s VDI is all over the place on any target deeper than 2-3". Coins can bounce from 30s-90's on F22 while on the AT it will typically only waiver 5-10 points even on deep targets

F22 is still very capable machine, you just can't be as sure what is under the coil. Without digging you'll never know for sure with any machine though

Thanks for the reply, I've been practicing on my property and you are right, all the targets i hit at 3 inches were very stable, at 4-6 was all over the place. Seems even a jumpy signal on a deep target is alot more info than my sand shark with no VDI. for now I will dig every target and try to learn what its telling me. Thanks again for the help HH

I'm just over a month with a F44, my first machine. I understand the F22 is similar to the F44. I have no doubt what so ever that you will find coins with the machine.
I'm still learning the machine but I find hunting in coin and jewelry to be the best. I'm sure you will like the machine.

Just don't dig high tones whose vdi occasionally drops below 20 when swinging over the target. And don't bother digging high tones that are not repeatable. I would hunt in custom mode with iron, vdi 20 and below as tone 1 iron grunt. 30-49 as tone 2 and 50-99 as tone 3. This way you are discriminating nothing and getting maximum depth. You will dig junk. If site is too junky then I would just do coin mode

Some of my F22 settings

Hi all, I've been using my F22 for about 3 months now and wanted to share some data I've learned. I mainly only search in coin mode because I'm wanting to find old silver coins. Some of the numerical data I've learned so far is: a constant 66/67 is a penny. A constant 67/68 is usually a dime. A constant 79/80 is a quarter. If the numbers jump around, it's probably junk. I still get fooled occasionally by a deep soda can. I don't really look for nickels because they are in the 33-36 range along with pull tabs. But I'm at a point where about 8 out of 10 holes I dig are a coin. I'm very happy with my F22, but I'm wondering if adding the DD coil will give me more depth. I'd love to hear what other's have discovered about their F22s as well. -Brett

I own the F11, F22 and F44. The absolute best think I ever did was but the 7 inch coil for the 22 and 44. Its the stock coil from the F11. It IDs dead on evry time. plenty of depth and great pinpoint. Best $59 I ever spent!

The F22s VDI is all over the place on any target deeper than 2-3". Coins can bounce from 30s-90's on F22 while on the AT it will typically only waiver 5-10 points even on deep targets

F22 is still very capable machine, you just can't be as sure what is under the coil. Without digging you'll never know for sure with any machine though

I've been using an F22 for about a month now (probably 15-18 hours) and this is exactly what I've noticed. I don't think I've found any coins under 3" yet, but the other targets really bounce all over. I usually have no idea what to expect to find. I also notice that even with a small target, the area where I get a signal can be pretty big. It makes it hard to get a precise location. I guess that's just one of the drawbacks of a lower end machine, but I'm still enjoying it so far, at least.

Fisher F22

I've had my F22 for 3 days now and I'm impressed. I haven't found anything other than coins and pull tabs, but more coins than tabs, $1.50 in about 2 hours in a high trash park. I am getting a feel for the numbers and so far I have found older pennies reading 44-45 and newer ones in the low 60s, I saw this on several old copper pennies. The recovery rivals that of my TK4 because it hit 3 quarters about 3" apart and it read all of them as well as a penny close by. I dig all targets in the numbers from the book and eventually I'll get the hang of it. I've gotten the 89 at 3" and it ended up being a can 6" down.
I have a treasure master and was unable to grasp the readings. I'd go over ground after using it with the TK 4 and find coins I missed with it and a silver ring on one occasion. So I'm selling my treasure master and will continue to hone my skills with my F22. So far I love this light treasure finder. I will never give up my TK 4 though, it has paid for itself twice over.
I noticed that the volume is low though compared to the BH TK 4.
I haven't customized it yet, still using default settings.

Hi,
I have hunted with my F44 four about 3 months. It is the same as the F22 but has All Metal mode and manual ground balancing/Ground Grab. I've just used it for 6" depth or less playground, park and tot lot hunts. I bought an 8" concentric for it ($45) since the stock 11"DD was a little chatty. It will lock on to 4" coins pretty well except for zinc pennys which can be pretty jumpy if they are corroded. Otherwise, the numbers for me have been pretty tight down to 5" and my dirt is really mineralized. I dug several 5" targets yesterday in thawing muck and I was pretty sure they would be dimes or copper pennys and they were. Pretty impressed with this detector and with the Jewelry and Custom modes. I haven't used the other modes yet. It reminds me of a Eurotek Pro/Minuteman with all the bells and whistles added on or a really sturdier version of the Land Ranger Pro.

Jeff

Bump.

I just got mine today and still learning the numbers. I hunt in a super trashy area right now, and figuring out the settings I should use.

Just don't dig high tones whose vdi occasionally drops below 20 when swinging over the target. And don't bother digging high tones that are not repeatable. I would hunt in custom mode with iron, vdi 20 and below as tone 1 iron grunt. 30-49 as tone 2 and 50-99 as tone 3. This way you are discriminating nothing and getting maximum depth. You will dig junk. If site is too junky then I would just do coin mode
Ill try this out

Back
Top Bottom