Aloha everyone

brokenman808

Hey everyone,
I have a question about buying a beach detector for Hawaii sand and waters. Im kinda of a new but not entirly. My father was detecting in the early 90's with hit White's(not sure of what model). He exposed me to the fun of working the sand and now im starting to take an interest again. Anyone have any suggestions to what kind of detector will work best for my area. Thanks in advance-Tony

I'd go with the Minelab Excalibur first then the Whites PI. The PI is made for going through salt minerals and doesn't see them. If you want a beach/water/land detector then the Excal would be the one. If you have any more questions please ask.

Has anyone had any experience with the GARRETT SEA HUNTER MARK II or Tesoro Sand Shark PI Metal Detector? Just wondering the quality of these producst.

brokenman808

Sounds like your looking for a PI... I have friends with the Seahunter and it can be noisy in the surf I don't know anything about the Tiger Shark sorry... I love my PI PRO but its your choice... Minelab a good machine but its not a turn on and go machine out of the box, you have to modify it and that alone turns me off of it... For the price they get it should come with a straight shaft and hipmount in the box.

Aloha brokenman808,

I to live in Hawaii and own a Sea Hunter and I like it alot. I'm new to the hobby but I have found some good finds with the Sea Hunter in the last 3 months that I have been hunting. I have read in other some reviews that the Sea Hunter is noisy but I found that all you have to do is make a few small adjustements and to the elimination (just to 1 but no more that 2) and its quiet.

Hey Tony.

I just wanted to add that I've had my Minelab Excalibur for 6 months now and really enjoy hunting with it, already getting close to paying for itself with my finds so far. For what it's worth, of all the hunters I've met or seen at different beaches here on Oahu since I started detecting, I would guess 90% are using the White's PI Pro. Hope to see you hunting soon with whatever detector you choose to purchase. 8)

Mike.

Mike,

I ended up buying a PI two days ago. Been having fun so far. Any tips for a newbie???? Maybe I'll see ya at the beach. Good luck hunting.

Back
Top Bottom