Do you rate the AT Max as a deep unit?

Look I'm not starting the going back and forth about garrett products all I'm saying there is some new tech that's unlocking different targets if you are happy with the max by all means have at it ..multi freqs machines are gonna be the wave of the future and all I'm saying is there is a reason for it....

like I said we are now just starting to find the advantages of the machine that can run high freqs and change freqs and how they can see targets that others wont.. heres a example the max is deep but it cant touch the 7 inch gold earring in my garden... why???? Why will the deus smack it in 54 kh ??? Your commenting on something you don't know anything about , and you might even believe what your saying but SOME of us who test and hunt with multi freq machines KNOW WHATS UP... BTW the max may have seen it don't know but what I do know is there are low conductive targets at five or 6 inchs your walking past.. I can use the gold earring to prove that... FREQS matter how detectors see certain targets ..... conductive wise....

BTW the max may have seen it don't know < you in a nutshell.

Your commenting on something you don't know anything about. Really ? Have you ever hunted with me ? Do you know how many detectors I have besides what you see on my sig ? Do you know how many detectors I try out in a year ? BTW, in 2018 I have at least 3 I'm going to try. Looking at maybe a 4th. Here's your 2018 itinerary , shhhh.

Most all manufacturers have a test gardens, many like Makro and Whites have produced air test video's, it's quite possible any detector you've owned has been developed initially in a test garden.

That's a fair point , but they weren't developed " only " in a test garden. There is a reason they are also pretty rigorously tested in the field on real world targets as part of the development before their release. Test gardens for detectors are a lot like 55 gallon drums full of water for boat engines :lol: They aren't perfect , and compared to the real world they are staged and sanitized , but they are convenient for testing purposes.

I think people are taking this wayyyy too far... IMO, calabash is doing a great thing for this hobby... At no point have I ever felt he was "shoving" the deus down anyones throat...its like the Max crew is getting all butt hurt that in his air tests, the at max won't see a silver dime at 12"... Noone knows why it wont but for some reason it just WON'T...we all know that doesnt mean anything in real world situations, so why all the drama?
People are taking it personal... Your on the wrong forum take the BS to TNET...

It's really not. Most detectors would have found it. It's a piece of metal. Finding it had nothing to do with air test or test gardens or anything of the sort. It's a piece of metal. Pretty meh imo.

Well,
Mr Kajunman allow me to talk a little bit about Deus and other detectors even the Max.

Will AT Max find everything made of nonferrous metal, yet allow a user to dodge most ferrous while doing? Versus Deus.

The answer is NO.

But don't feel bad, a lot of other detectors won't hang with Deus.

Why?
Deus platform is very advanced Vlf non multi freq (ideally) .

Deus the way it works and the way silencer and Reactivty works and the capabilities of higher freq coils.

If you and I got together and went to this one site I frequent a lot.

After I find a supposed nonferrous target,,,you're likely to hear one of 3 things when sweeping max in disc.

Nothing at all
Iron tone
Broken tone
Disclaimer: this site has been busted hard, don't expect tetxtbook signals using more traditional freq Vlf detectrors that operate between 6khz and 20khz. Site dates 1750-1970 for habitation.

This would happen a lot.
Remember Max don't have speed adjustment, and this Reactivty setting on Deus affects more than speed.

Mineral handling of Deus, meaning detector gives me some thing signal signature wise to work with to determine nonferrous characteristic.

Now Deus does cost more (metered) vs the Max.

Me saying what I have here,,,is not to knock the Max.
But to tell the truth.

Using the HF coils on Deus, adds a third dimension to detecting.

A new user using one of the HF coils might not even realize at first.
But beleive me I have seen first hand.

Now, how will the Equinox compare??

For me that is a roughly $900 question.
Time will tell.

And Kajunman, you are personally invited to search this site with any Garrett metal detector you want. Bring your camera.
Would be fun.

And educational for both you and I.

Well,
Mr Kajunman allow me to talk a little bit about Deus and other detectors even the Max.

Will AT Max find everything made of nonferrous metal, yet allow a user to dodge most ferrous while doing? Versus Deus.

The answer is NO.

But don't feel bad, a lot of other detectors won't hang with Deus.

Why?
Deus platform is very advanced Vlf non multi freq (ideally) .

Deus the way it works and the way silencer and Reactivty works and the capabilities of higher freq coils.

If you and I got together and went to this one site I frequent a lot.

After I find a supposed nonferrous target,,,you're likely to hear one of 3 things when sweeping max in disc.

Nothing at all
Iron tone
Broken tone
Disclaimer: this site has been busted hard, don't expect tetxtbook signals using more traditional freq Vlf detectrors that operate between 6khz and 20khz.

This would happen a lot.
Remember Max don't have speed adjustment, and this Reactivty setting on Deus affects more than speed.

Mineral handling of Deus, meaning detector gives me some thing signal signature wise to work with to determine nonferrous characteristic.

Now Deus does cost more (metered) vs the Max.

Me saying what I have here,,,is not to knock the Max.
But to tell the truth.

Using the HF coils on Deus, adds a third dimension to detecting.

A new user using one of the HF coils might not even realize at first.
But beleive me I have seen first hand.

Now, how will the Equinox compare??

For me that is a roughly $900 question.
Time will tell.

I don't think the Max is the end all, be all of detectors. It's another tool in the arsenal. It's not just the Max that would have seen that little piece of metal the Deus saw. My F75 would have seen that and so would some other detectors that I've tested. Look forward to testing more this year.

I don't think the Max is the end all, be all of detectors. It's another tool in the arsenal. It's not just the Max that would have seen that little piece of metal the Deus saw. My F75 would have seen that and so would some other detectors that I've tested. Look forward to testing more this year.

A detectorist should never just refer to a piece of metal as a piece of metal.

Far more to "finding" than this.

There are currently the following coils for Deus.
HF elliptical
HF round9"
11" round LF
9" round LF.
11x13" LF.

When a person selects the different Reactivty levels of 0,1,2, 2.4 3,4 and 5 you have in a sense multiple coils in one coil,,even if you use the same freq with each coil.
These different coils "created" behave as the Reactivty is changed ever so slightly different.
And this difference can be what makes or breaks a user from making a find.

When we mix nonferrous of various shapes, orientions in with ferrous of different sizes, shapes and orientations into soil with mixed minerals levels,,,lots of variables created.

Some finds nestled in the ground with these variables will take a special combo to unlock.

So which detector currently has more combos stored inside waiting to be unleashed, currently on the market??

I'll let you guess.

And the answer above could change in a few weeks or days.

And my posting in this thread is not to take away from Max or any finds found with the max.

Any worthy find is worthy no matter which detector is used to make the find.

Folks can buy what they want.
It is their $$$.

He doesn't understand because he has no experience with it.. He thinks because its metal his detectors will see it in ground and we know that may or may not be true.. This freq business needs to be looked at by any serious detectorist! I think the freq business is one of the least understood topics among detectorist.

A detectorist should never just refer to a piece of metal as a piece of metal.

Far more to "finding" than this.

There are currently the following coils for Deus.
HF elliptical
HF round9"
11" round LF
9" round LF.
11x13" LF.

When a person selects the different Reactivty levels of 0,1,2, 2.4 3,4 and 5 you have in a sense multiple coils in one coil,,even if you use the same freq with each coil.
These different coils "created" behave as the Reactivty is changed ever so slightly different.
And this difference can be what makes or breaks a user from making a find.

When we mix nonferrous of various shapes, orientions in with ferrous of different sizes, shapes and orientations into soil with mixed minerals levels,,,lots of variables created.

Some finds nestled in the ground with these variables will take a special combo to unlock.

So which detector currently has more combos stored inside waiting to be unleashed, currently on the market??

I'll let you guess.

And the answer above could change in a few weeks or days.

Anything CD finds will always be just a piece of metal. Pretty meh as a detectorist.

The answer to your question. 2. By April, I predict 3.

He doesn't understand because he has no experience with it.. He thinks because its metal his detectors will see it in ground and we know that may or may not be true.. This freq business needs to be looked at by any serious detectorist! I think the freq business is one of the least understood topics among detectorist.

Well,
I'll be honest.
I didn't understand either- I thought I did!!
These HF coils = light bulb turned on big time.

Kajunman,
What I am saying here.
Deus even thrashes itself.
Think about that.

I'll say this right here right now.
Folks may think they have purged all the nonferous out of their real old sites.

If you think this.
Find a person who knows how to run Deus and has HF coils.
And watch what happens.

Remember there are few detector Vlf that even run at these freqs period.

Everybody always wants to talk about depth, speed and such. Weight and ergonomics gets much less attention because this aspect is not debatable. Who wants to swing a heavy, unbalanced detector all day? Deus=2lbs. Everyone else is more. Some nearly 200% more. Even the Equinox will be 33% heavier and hopefully not nose heavy like the Garrett

Just be thankful I don't have about 3 go pros and was doing videos.

Like about 5 big nice ones a week.

I could really narrate and show folks some things. On real hunts, unedited.
Would show all targets dug, good bad and ugly.
No bs.
Jaw dropping for some, even current Deus users.

My jaw has already dropped many times.
Getting used to it now.

To see what a measly 4" of dirt with rust in it can do to a detector/target.

The thought entered my mind today while detecting as far as doing videos.

Calabash needs some competition here.lol

Reckon you folks could handle my accent?

I can hear some say now while watching one of my videos.

Why in the world is he digging that?
Sounds like iron.

Presto
Then the rabbit comes out of the hat.

Oh yeah, Deus will fool you, at first, and it will still fool you even later on, and this process will continue.
User will think ferrous by listening and walk.

You hunt virgin sites one after another you'll have a lonnnnnnng learning curve time wise.

You need sites with mostly challenged targets to get proficiency up to or near stratosphere level.

Multi FREQ

like I said we are now just starting to find the advantages of the machine that can run high freqs and change freqs and how they can see targets that others wont.. heres a example the max is deep but it cant touch the 7 inch gold earring in my garden... why???? Why will the deus smack it in 54 kh ??? Your commenting on something you don't know anything about , and you might even believe what your saying but SOME of us who test and hunt with multi freq machines KNOW WHATS UP... BTW the max may have seen it don't know but what I do know is there are low conductive targets at five or 6 inchs your walking past.. I can use the gold earring to prove that... FREQS matter how detectors see certain targets ..... conductive wise....

Cala - Minelab has been making Multi-Freq machines for years... :) LOL

Feelings hurt ?

The Deus guys feelings seem to be hurt :/
Get some thick skin people. LOL People...

if you read through all of this, what TN and Cala are saying is that they have been walking over targets for all these past years with their mighty Deus's. Just now they have 4 Freq's and now they are a believer of Multi-Freq detectors like Minelab has put out for years. Welcome to the Multi-Freq club guys.

I am just stirring the pot for fun if you have not figured it out... LOL

Its fun to watch you guys get all sweated up :)))

Hey Kajunman that find that you said was so so well guess what heritage auctions sold one a few years ago and there are less than 10 known examples to exist ! SHOWS what you know go over there and look at what it sold for... While you guys are stirring the pot I'm out finding priceless pieces of history! Go to the auction site and see what it sold for will blow your mind! TESTING in my garden paid off big time today......................................:shock::shock::p:p BTW the fbs machines you speak of are geared toward higher conducters , we are talking about high freq machines seeing low conductors... that's why the minelabs stuggle with gold...... duh

Back
Top Bottom