Maintaining the friendliness

I understand wanting to keep the forum friendly but I feel some people need to be called out and put in there place. I want to be on a friendly forum but not a rainbows and flowers forum. BS finds and BS info needs to be pointed out so it is not misleading to new members. I'm not one that likes to see trouble started but I don't like new members disrespecting a forum or making BS claims.

I understand wanting to keep the forum friendly but I feel some people need to be called out and put in there place. I want to be on a friendly forum but not a rainbows and flowers forum. BS finds and BS info needs to be pointed out so it is not misleading to new members. I'm not one that likes to see trouble started but I don't like new members disrespecting a forum or making BS claims.

I USED to agree with you. However they are really not hurting anyone BUT the new members that think they can find a grand a season in change. (Canada excluded)

Any new member that is that gullible maybe needs to get a fast reality check. I have kept from commenting on the BS threads.

I have had a post deleted recently I didn't think was deserved, however the mods have job to do how they see fit.

My advice is if you see a post that you know is too good to be true, just ignore it like you were not even on this forum. Not worth the headache, IMHO.

I tend to lean more in favor of this. I'm new here and new to MDing but I think you would have to be down right blind and naive to believe some of what I saw posted on here.

I USED to agree with you. However they are really not hurting anyone BUT the new members that think they can find a grand a season in change. (Canada excluded)

Any new member that is that gullible maybe needs to get a fast reality check. I have kept from commenting on the BS threads.

I have had a post deleted recently I didn't think was deserved, however the mods have job to do how they see fit.

My advice is if you see a post that you know is too good to be true, just ignore it like you were not even on this forum. Not worth the headache, IMHO.

I agree with most of it but I feel any bs should be called out. I wouldn't do a 100 post on one thread. I'd say call out the bs but not get caught in the drama of it. That's my 2 cents, form a newbie who has plenty of penny's now that Ive started metal detecting lol.

You are going to get BS stories, claims, in pretty much any hobby, this one is no different. Most of us go out on many hunts, and return with little to brag about. Those spectacular finds don't come every day, like we hope and dream. We read the marketing hype on new equipment, have high expectations, lay down the cash, and well... You know if you hunt the same places, you usually find about the same, as with your old machine. Still get the fun and excitement of playing with a new toy, maybe you do a little better, because you are putting a little more effort into the new toy, but it really isn't living up to the hype. No one likes disappointment.

Telling fishing stories, with family and friends, you can all have a good laugh, because you know each other, and need to keep a good relationship. On the internet, it's anonymous, plus there is media (photos, videos), and a way out, if it goes badly. Nothing to keep it real, and maybe some forget that the internet is full of BS. You've got to filter through it yourself, all the time.

Some of the story-tellers can get annoying, they feed on the drama, good or bad, it still puts them at the center of attention. Most, I simply ignore, two members have earn a permanent place on my ignore list, as they have proven their only interest, is to start problems. Really wish the Ignore List feature would include quotes as well. Both know they are on my list, and continue to try and bait me into an argument.

I don't agree with the calling out part, been a lot of new members getting that call. Shouldn't be that quick to judge. Maybe praise the 'story', not the finds, be a little more subtle, instead of confrontational. I have no expectations, that everything on the internet has to be true or accurate. It would be nice, but it's just never going to happen. Just a waste of time, trying to make it so, or getting upset over it. The people telling the BS stories, need the attention, they don't get what they need, they'll take it to a new audience, some place else. Not all of them are bad people, some will just realize we aren't buying what they are selling, and settle into reality, save the stories for another place, other people.

FWIW. That ignore list feature actually works. First time I tried it. If you see someone posting nonsense about some new miracle detector that has all the other detecting companies shaking at he knees or false claims use this feature. Eventually nobody will be feeding a troll and they disappear. If you been detecting a while you'll know all they'll be encouraging is some newby who will call them out later after blowing their money. Because it's usually someone trying to sell you something. And I don't mean the sponsors here:lol: I actually had a good week not listening to someones nonsense anymore. Happy hunting!

FWIW. That ignore list feature actually works. First time I tried it. If you see someone posting nonsense about some new miracle detector that has all the other detecting companies shaking at he knees or false claims use this feature. Eventually nobody will be feeding a troll and they disappear. If you been detecting a while you'll know all they'll be encouraging is some newby who will call them out later after blowing their money. Because it's usually someone trying to sell you something. And I don't mean the sponsors here:lol: I actually had a good week not listening to someones nonsense anymore. Happy hunting!

:yes:

I love how he said "I posted this same thing in post 110, nobody must have seen it"

TTHHHAAATTTTSSSSS because the majority has blocked you :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom