Took a day off work

Owl Engineering

Forum Supporter
I hit a spot that I had big hopes for......... no gold but a few wheaties.

Running across golf balls is nothing new but yesterday was a record -- Plus, Plus, Plus! Actually I picked up about 10 more AND I left about 10. I decided that my time was best used hunting for gold :cool:

Chuck

Attachments

• golf balls.jpg
    golf balls.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 287
  • boat and truck.jpg
    boat and truck.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 296
Good to enjoy the Hobby that you work with!

That has to be a record there!!

I hit a spot that I had big hopes for......... no gold but a few wheaties.

Running across golf balls is nothing new but yesterday was a record -- Plus, Plus, Plus! Actually I picked up about 10 more AND I left about 10. I decided that my time was best used hunting for gold :cool:

Chuck

Used to sell golf balls back to the golfers. $.50 each or 3 for $1.00. Great way to make cash as a kid, but they didn't want those range balls!

R5

Used to sell golf balls back to the golfers. $.50 each or 3 for $1.00. Great way to make cash as a kid, but they didn't want those range balls!

R5

I did that as a kid back in the 70's. We would sneak onto the golf courses at night and get into the ponds and feel for the golf balls with our feet. We would clean them up and go back on the weekends and sell them to the golfers. We made tons of money, and even the golf course started paying us to stock their clubhouse with used golf balls.

Nice to get out and atleast you had something to show for it. Sometimes a few golfballs will balance out the gas $$ if nothing else :yes:

Compared to my finds recently I'll take finding nice golf balls!

Nice Ball Haul! I keep every single one I find and sell them at the Wifes Garage sale every year...25cents ea...they sell quick and make me a bit of money! :laughing:

R5

I don't know, those are Callaway range balls. Not your cheap Spalding or Wilson run of the mill stuff there, though the yellow is off putting. I haven't played golf in some time though, so I'm sure things have changed.

R5

When I was a pipefitter we were working at a treatment facility on a golf course. I found golfers there didn't like getting their shoes dirty. Well I started walking in the rough during my lunch break. A couple times over the period I filled my longbed truck floor twice. Had one of the largest golf ball collections probably anywhere. Then I realized I was collecting them and don't even play golf. Gave them all away.....several trashcans full:shock:

Back
Top Bottom