• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My oldest coin so far

Blingdigger

Found in the wet sand

Attachments

• IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 196
If that was found in the wet sand, then either :

a) it just fell out of the upper dry dunes at some point in the very recent past (storms of last season reaching up high?) . And then had JUST enough time in the wet, moving with the tides/sand, and cleaned by the salt water. JUST enough time to get a shiny appearance, but NOT enough time to develop salt corrosion. Or

b) could be a recent loss. Although not likely. Since wheaties haven't circulated for 30 or 40 yrs. now.

Ya never know with this hobby. Odd stuff shows up anywhere :p Congratz on your oldest.

Cool find. I did a stop over in Chicago a few years back and got a 1917 in my change from McDonald's at the airport

If that was found in the wet sand, then either :

a) it just fell out of the upper dry dunes at some point in the very recent past (storms of last season reaching up high?) . And then had JUST enough time in the wet, moving with the tides/sand, and cleaned by the salt water. JUST enough time to get a shiny appearance, but NOT enough time to develop salt corrosion. Or

b) could be a recent loss. Although not likely. Since wheaties haven't circulated for 30 or 40 yrs. now.

Ya never know with this hobby. Odd stuff shows up anywhere :p Congratz on your oldest.

I'll go with answer "A" Tom!

Congrats on your oldest. Anything can be anywhere, I found a pile of wheats laying on top the ground at the local park. No clue how they got there and they appear to never have been in the ground. A very nice early wheat you have there!!

Back
Top Bottom