Not sure I'm alive!

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
I would usually say I'm in a slump, but it has been so long that I have pulled gold out of the sand, I'm not sure I'm alive. I'm thinking of changing from ditydog to deaddog. Spending hours in the hot sun has produced mostly sun burn, clad, junk jewelry, bottle caps, pull tabs and all kinds of aluminum. Went out a couple of days ago and pulled one piece of silver and a junk earring. I think I'll take up golf, at least I can beat the Hexx out of the ball even if I don't score. At least the sea weed paid off with a little silver this time. Golf what's golf? Isn't that something like suppositories for old farts?:oldguy:

I screwed up on the pictures. Now I can't find the correct one. I know no picture it didn't happen. Maybe that's why I can't find the photos. Told you I was dead. Golf here I come.

Last edited:
Is that an ear ring or a belly button ring. If it is threaded it may be a belly button or other area ring.

Nice job either way. A little seaweed silver is better than canslaw :) Pretty interesting seeing that ring in the seaweed, I've found dollar bills but never jewellery;).

Dog that is weird. I saw the photos and that is why I though that the dangling item might be a belly button piercing. I have found some of them and they have real find threads on the end. Without close examination it looks like something had been broken off. Of course she may have had it some other more delicate place. LOL

Do you think you have competition on "your" turf? Do you metal detect around the same time? Maybe try going to the usual spot at a different time?

Either way good luck and happy hunting!

I'm believing in gold for you in the next week!

Hang in there my friend! PS I hear there are a ton of gold rings lost on golf courses. Bring your pinpointer on a stick.

Barb

Attachments

• carrot on a stick.jpg
    carrot on a stick.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Dog that is weird. I saw the photos and that is why I though that the dangling item might be a belly button piercing. I have found some of them and they have real find threads on the end. Without close examination it looks like something had been broken off. Of course she may have had it some other more delicate place. LOL

Can't figure out what happened. Maybe I'm not dead, just brain dead.:lol:

Do you think you have competition on "your" turf? Do you metal detect around the same time? Maybe try going to the usual spot at a different time?

Either way good luck and happy hunting!

Lot's of competition here. But not when it's hot. I go before low tide no matter the temp. Usually I never see another swinger at all. I also cover lots of beaches. Some heavy traffic some remote. Sometimes I'll drive a couple of hours to hit a spot. Thanks for the happy hunting. Good hunting to you as well.

I think we've all hit that (no gold) wall a time or two. patience and persistence should be our mantra. Look at Mel Fisher's optimistic mantra... 'Today's the Day" and it paid off for him BIG TIME. Hang in there... its coming.

Hang in there DD I'm hearing that from several, Bleak.

Been 6 days here..3 hunts. Bleak..not even silver.

Don't feel bad Gold was getting really scarce for me too. Then I twanged the tendon in my right elbow in early July, just enough to let me know it wasn't happy with me. So every hunt after that was short and painful.

THEN I repaired the roof on one of my outbuildings over Labor Day. Tore off old shingles, replaced rotted wood and covered it all with steel roofing.

That blew up whatever nagging pain I had in that elbow into a throbbing mess. I haven't been in the water since and may be done until spring. :(

So my good Dirtydog, it could be worse! ;) :grin:

Last edited:
Don't feel bad Gold was getting really scarce for me too. Then I twanged the tendon in my right elbow in early July, just enough to let me know it wasn't happy with me. So every hunt after that was short and painful.

THEN I repaired the roof on one of my outbuildings over Labor Day. Tore off old shingles, replaced rotted wood and covered it all with steel roofing.

That blew up whatever nagging pain I had in that elbow into a throbbing mess. I haven't been in the water since and my be done until spring. :(

Wow, That is Bad..

I'm believing in gold for you in the next week!

Hang in there my friend! PS I hear there are a ton of gold rings lost on golf courses. Bring your pinpointer on a stick.
Barb

:lol: I should have expected you and Mr. Carrot to come up with a solution. I think I will throw my carrot on the GC and hunt there after dark. Thanks for the tips from the detecting Queen. Now I know the grass is greener on the GC.:lol:

I think we've all hit that (no gold) wall a time or two. patience and persistence should be our mantra. Look at Mel Fisher's optimistic mantra... 'Today's the Day" and it paid off for him BIG TIME. Hang in there... its coming.

Thanks Numil. I don't give up. I'm a hillbilly and if we can't make it happen, we go somewhere the police is not looking and start all over again.

Hang in there DD I'm hearing that from several, Bleak.

Been 6 days here..3 hunts. Bleak..not even silver.

Thanks for the encouragement OBN. All I've found here is clad, junk and some silver. I'm beginning to think gold is turning into pull tabs.

That blew up whatever nagging pain I had in that elbow into a throbbing mess. I haven't been in the water since and my be done until spring. :(

And I thought you were out hauling gold in by the bucket. Sorry to hear about your elbow problems. Let it rest for a few days. We need your inspiration. and your hunting locations. Get well soon Buddy!

I only found one small gold after the Plat. MY hunting spots ARE filled in with sand! Maybe me and you can hit a golf course?:lol:

I like to psych myself up by saying, "Self, every time you don't find gold puts me one hunt closer to that time when you finally do" I'd wager lt's right around the corner for you,,,

Keep the faith brother....dig and swish and they will come!

I'm too hooked noe to keep going. Thanks.

Stay on it Dawg, follow it till you catch it...

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice man. I like the way you spell Dawg. You must be a hillbilly like me. I'm just trying to make folks think I'm educated by spelling dog:lol:

I like to psych myself up by saying, "Self, every time you don't find gold puts me one hunt closer to that time when you finally do" I'd wager lt's right around the corner for you,,,

Thanks fd but I don't need to get psyched. I'm certified insane so I can have fun even when I'm having a bad day.:grimace::lol:

Back
Top Bottom