• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Took The ATX Out For A Spin To An Old Picnic Area On A Dried Lake Bed

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
PA010397_zps515e41ea.jpg~original

I have been here many times, with a lot of my buddies. We have pretty well cleaned it out of rings, old coins, lighters and junk. The last two times I hunted here, I used the Infinium, and even then, my last hunt I got zip. However, it's getting cold up here, and freeze-up is weeks away, so I thought I would do some land hunting. Most of my time so far with the ATX has been mostly in the water, with great success. I concentrated mostly in the shrubs and bushes, the spots others often times ignore.

PA010389_zps82d4501b.jpg~original

My first good signal was a deep spoon, down about 12 inches. At least I was in an area where people were picnicking some 100 years ago.

PA010402_zpsc29f021e.jpg~original

Here's the total finds for the day. Lots of old shotgun shells, some iron, typical of PI.s, very deep too. The smaller 22 lead bullet was down about 6 inches, and gave a nice soft high-low. The larger one was a bit shallower.

PA010406_zpsfd80b433.jpg~original

Here's the spoons....both large soup spoons, and too bad to keep, yet old enough to not throw away, I opted to make a ring out of each one.

No gold today, but the opportunity to do a nice autumn hunt was treasure in itself. :)

Attachments

• DIGS.jpg
    DIGS.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 358
Thanks

Thanks for the review of the ATX. I like what I've read so far about it for the most part but really disappointed that it is only rated for 10' of water submersion, I was really wanting them to put the ATX features into an Infinium or at least make it rated for something more than 10'. In your opinion does the ATX blow the Infinium out of the water in performance or do they both have their place?

Thanks,
SD

Thanks for the review of the ATX. I like what I've read so far about it for the most part but really disappointed that it is only rated for 10' of water submersion, I was really wanting them to put the ATX features into an Infinium or at least make it rated for something more than 10'. In your opinion does the ATX blow the Infinium out of the water in performance or do they both have their place?

Thanks,
SD

The ATX has a faster swing speed (better processor) then the Infinium. Has a built in speaker unlike the Infinium. The iron check is a push button, not like turning the disc knob on the Infinium. The ATX is more sensitive to smaller objects. It beeps nice on chains. The coil wire runs through the shaft, not around it, so you get less falsing. It will pick the best opertaing frequency automatically. I am getting better depth with the stock ATX coil compared to the 10 x 14 mono coil. Below are all the chains which I have found water hunting. I have about 50 hrs in the water so far.

Attachments

• besy face (1).jpg
    besy face (1).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 469
Thanks. I think?

Right on. That's pretty impressive on the chains. It's not really what me or my wallet really wanted to hear though:D I hear people touting the virtue of the external speaker and I'm not really sure why? Do you and others really like to hunt without headphones or is there something else I'm missing?

SD

Right on. That's pretty impressive on the chains. It's not really what me or my wallet really wanted to hear though:D I hear people touting the virtue of the external speaker and I'm not really sure why? Do you and others really like to hunt without headphones or is there something else I'm missing?

SD

There have been a few times where the bushes are so thick I am hunting in that the headset wire keeps getting caught, to the point where I just want to scream! A quick fix is to use just the speaker.

Nice reviews on the ATX.....however I think I`ll wait for the price to come down on this unit....also, is the weight as big a factor as people make of it ??.....HH

Back
Top Bottom