Tumbling Coins yields 7 Wheat's

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
So I finally got a Tumbler (Chicago Electric 3lb) and Tumbled about half my pennies so far. Came up with 7 Wheat's so far I had no idea I had.. I just thought I sucked at finding Wheat's or there just weren't many to be had. My YTD for Wheat's grew from 4 to 11 and I still have a bunch more to go through.

Alliterative Moral of the Story.. Clean your Clad..

So I finally got a Tumbler (Chicago Electric 3lb) and Tumbled about half my pennies so far. Came up with 7 Wheat's so far I had no idea I had.. I just thought I sucked at finding Wheat's or there just weren't many to be had. My YTD for Wheat's grew from 4 to 11 and I still have a bunch more to go through.

Alliterative Moral of the Story.. Clean your Clad..

Nice! I barely look at my pennies!

It happens. Last year, I tumbled all of my badly crusted wheats, and found three of them were Indianheads! They were my oldest coins found, and I didn't even know it.

It happens. Last year, I tumbled all of my badly crusted wheats, and found three of them were Indianheads! They were my oldest coins found, and I didn't even know it.

Could I ask what tumble media you use for the coins? New and curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lemme get this right?....You bought yerself a tumbler and found 7 wheat pennies? Whoop-dee-friggin- doo! You know what? You can get 3c apiece for a common date, so thats 14cent net positive for all your trouble! :laughing::laughing: Heres an idea Rockefeller, if you get yourself TWO tumblers, you can double your money and ramp up production!:laughing::laughing:

Screw it! Just give it a quick rinse and run it through the Coinstar! The 12% hit is a net positive if a guy is figuring time wasted with a tumbler! :laughing:

Could I ask what tumble media you use for the coins? New and curious.

There are lots of coin tumbling recipes discussed in the "Cleaning your finds" forum category. Most common media used is aquarium gravel. Tumbling is not recommended for coins of significant value. It can grind on them a bit too much.

Lemme get this right?....You bought yerself a tumbler and found 7 wheat pennies? Whoop-dee-friggin- doo! You know what? You can get 3c apiece for a common date, so thats 14cent net positive for all your trouble! :laughing::laughing: Heres an idea Rockefeller, if you get yourself TWO tumblers, you can double your money and ramp up production!:laughing::laughing:

Screw it! Just give it a quick rinse and run it through the Coinstar! The 12% hit is a net positive if a guy is figuring time wasted with a tumbler! :laughing:

Well Clad-a-Feller it ain't the dollars.. it is a sign of accomplishment.. even Wheat's around here are 1000 - 1 vs Memorials..if I was in it for the $$$ I would be peddling Waters on the side of Freeway :grin:
and the ADD in me insists my coinage be somewhat clean..

BUT

I get your point ..

Well Clad-a-Feller $$$ I would be peddling Waters on the side of Freeway :grin:

What are you doing up so early?! Its only like about 7am out there! Watching the Tour De France? I dint figure you see this ballbussing until at least noon! The roar of your new tumbler wake you up early or sumpthin? :laughing:

It IS all about the Dollars! I got accomplishments coming out the wazoo, and you know what? In the end, nobody cares about the accomplishments! Its all about the dollars! :laughing:

What are you doing up so early?! Its only like about 7am out there! Watching the Tour De France? I dint figure you see this ballbussing until at least noon! The roar of your new tumbler wake you up early or sumpthin? :laughing:

It IS all about the Dollars! I got accomplishments coming out the wazoo, and you know what? In the end, nobody cares about the accomplishments! Its all about the dollars! :laughing:

Sleeping is for when you are Dead..
I get up every morning at 4 got to clear the ole noggin before work at 6

ballbussin is what makes this forum worthy.. just say'in

Sleeping is for when you are Dead..
I get up every morning at 4 got to clear the ole noggin before work at 6

ballbussin is what makes this forum worthy.. just say'in

Right there with you 5X5, SOM! Sleeping is for the dead or truckdrivers! I gotta party with you someday Cowboy! I might just make the Louis and Clark drive this Fall...

Come on Down my Brother.. I'll set you up..hell I may even feed you..

I'm gonna..I love Oregon!...You dont have to feed me if theres a park nearby with grills and dumpsters...plenty pickens left over to satiate a feller early of a morning...I can always find something to eat it seems, always have, no problem... I even eat banana slugs when the trash cans are empty...slurp 'em right down like a boogery gummibear...so theres that...

I'll bring you a pisspot coffee can full of pennies you can tumble even? I'll toss in a few wheaties so you can get a chubbie? Maybe a nice old indian fattie? :laughing:

Yeah! It sure is fun to wake up and bust on each other and encourage us to greatness here on the Forum! Have a good one, you West Coasties!

Attachments

• meat.jpg
    meat.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 93
  • apr 3-15-3.jpg
    apr 3-15-3.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 86
  • apples.jpg
    apples.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 88
  • turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg