AT-PRO Users. got ? for ya.

MadTownScoop

Elite Member
Ok. So Ive had my ATP since Feb of 12. I love it. I know pretty much what its telling me. When it got wet ( yes internally) I sent it to Garrett. When I got it back it seems that all readings are about 1 to 1 1/2 numbers higher. My friend didnt know what I meant by that until his took in a bit of water somehow so he sent his in. Well.. LOL Now his reads a notch or two higher too. Wonder if it has something to do with a new IRC Chip or maybe just a software update? Sure makes distinquishing pull tabs/Pop tops from Nickels harder until you get used to the change. Just wondering if anyone else has sent one in and had this change noticed??? Got my old Pro Pointer back today from Garrett. Now got two on hand in case one takes a !!!!, dies or gets lost or if I wanna lend it to a friend who doesnt have one. :)

Hmmm, can't help ya there. I have 2 AT's and side by side testing they read the same target exactly the same number wise. One I got in Feb and one in June.

I'm curious on how you guys got 2 of them to leak? One of mine is the designated water machine and its way under water all the time.
I put a bead of dielectric grease around the O rings on the battery compartment and the cables but thats it.

Just saw this reply.. lol. When my machine took in water, it was the first time I had submerged it since I got it from a guy in Arizona off Freebay. The instant I put it under water it went berzerk. Well, maybe about 5 seconds later. I checked the cable fittings and they were as tight as I could get them. Took them off and they still had a good amount of grease on them for keeping out water. Got water inside from around the face plate is what Garrett said. New face plate and recheck and it's been just fine ever since. Heck, I even have that crack across the screen some people get. My new one does not have that crack so far but it's getting much more time in the sun now that I've got that 15" NEL coil.

Back
Top Bottom