Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Cleaning Your Finds

Old 10-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Supporter

Default No Fee Clad Cleaner!

Are you tired of the 12% Constar Fees robbing you out of your hard earned dirt money? Are you sick of the mess and the time spent tumbling or rolling? Are you embarrassed by the way a clerk gives you the stink eye when you make a purchase with dirty discolored coins?

Well heres a Handy trick! First, locate the right vending machine in your area, pop in your dirtys, instead of making a purchase, simply depress the 'Coin Return' button, and out tumbles fresh clad ready to spend!
Attached Images

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Supporter

Old 10-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Elite Member

Someone should set up a camera near the vending machine to show the owner's reaction when he opens up the vending machine and sees piles of dirty coins!

Detectors: CTX 3030, X-Terra70, Pro-Find 25 Oldest Coin: 1866 English Penny
2018 totals: $1780.51AUD (637x$2, 337x$1, 101x50c, 273x20c, 337x10c, 463x5c, 329x2c, 498x1c) and 208 foreign, collectable or older Australian/English (pre-decimal) coins.
"Swing till your ears ring!"

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Supporter

I did that through various vending machines at work for over $200 in quarters, dimes and nickels. Works like a charm, although it took me about an hour. After a while in one machine, it started spitting out my brown quarters again, so I'd move to the next machine. Bright, shiny quarters.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Are you tired of the 12% Constar Fees robbing you out of your hard earned dirt money? Are you sick of the mess and the time spent tumbling or rolling? Are you embarrassed by the way a clerk gives you the stink eye when you make a purchase with dirty discolored coins?

Well heres a Handy trick! First, locate the right vending machine in your area, pop in your dirtys, instead of making a purchase, simply depress the 'Coin Return' button, and out tumbles fresh clad ready to spend!
You are just so damn smart!

Old 10-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by STURRAT View post
You are just so damn smart!
Especially after a few beers I've noticed..!

I check my "Brain Power" about once a week down at the Rite Aid..they have a fancy BP ("Brain Power?") machine there, right by the prescription counter...its free even! See, you stick your arm in this cuff thingy and push a button, it sort of squeezes your arm to check how smart you are, then you get a (BP) read out! I'm getting smarter and smarter all the time! Currently running 180/120!

We should probably go find some Gold pretty soon...!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Last edited by Mud-puppy; 10-04-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:55 AM

Three rings but all junk last weekend with you. That sucked

Old 10-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by STURRAT View post
Three rings but all junk last weekend with you. That sucked
Well, we were out of the house and had coils out there...put in some hours, pulling the right kinds of targets in the old water...One of us shoulda found something gold...next time I figure...

Old 10-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Bagelbites View post
I did that through various vending machines at work for over $200 in quarters, dimes and nickels. Works like a charm, although it took me about an hour. After a while in one machine, it started spitting out my brown quarters again, so I'd move to the next machine. Bright, shiny quarters.
Sweet! You redeemed your dirty clad AND were on the Clock getting paid at Work! Double Score! You are Twice as smart as I am!

Thats the thing...Not all machines do this! Some simply spit out the dirties, some dont spit out anything! So I try with a dime first to see what the deal is...A guy has to be constantly on the lookout for new machines...especially if you are doing this method repeatedly in the same machine over and over!

The Vending machine guy in his disgust will start loading the hopper with your dirties to pass along HIS problem to the customer!

I like to hit Rest Stop Vending machines...

Old 10-04-2018, 02:46 PM
Elite Member

Another good place to dump dirty change is the self pay toll road booths.

Fisher F70, Fisher F44, Fisher F2, 2018 clad: $0.01, Silver coins: 0, Indian heads: 0, Wheaties: 0, Gold rings: 0, Silver rings: 0, Total clad: $286.80, (after paying off the F2), Silver coins: 38, Gold rings: 4

Old 10-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by bruinvikes View post
Another good place to dump dirty change is the self pay toll road booths.
do those even still exist!?!?!I have noticed more and more places simply have a camera now, and if you have no ez pass you get like a 50 dollar ticket in the mail no matter what. Where it used to be like a 5 buck toll, there isn't even the option to pay in person anymore.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:22 PM

Hey mud, I bet the guys who empty the change on your regular vending machine route find their "brain power" going up too!

Old 10-04-2018, 06:01 PM

I learned this trick many years ago when I was using dirty coins to buy postage stamps from a vending machine. I figured stamps were the closest thing to cash that I could get. When the machine ran out of what I was buying I hit the coin return and got a very pleasant surprise. The same vending machine once gave me a proof dime in my change.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:49 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tpmetal View post
do those even still exist!?!?!I have noticed more and more places simply have a camera now, and if you have no ez pass you get like a 50 dollar ticket in the mail no matter what. Where it used to be like a 5 buck toll, there isn't even the option to pay in person anymore.
In Ohio there are booths designated for ez-pass or booths to give money to a booth attendant. I was talking about the booth where you pull up and throw change in a bucket like contraption. I canít remember where I saw these but I think it was either Pennsylvania or New York, I could be wrong about the state though.

Fisher F70, Fisher F44, Fisher F2, 2018 clad: $0.01, Silver coins: 0, Indian heads: 0, Wheaties: 0, Gold rings: 0, Silver rings: 0, Total clad: $286.80, (after paying off the F2), Silver coins: 38, Gold rings: 4

Old 10-04-2018, 08:43 PM
Elite Member

I tumble them. I need something to do in the Winter other than watching inside detector tests on YouTube.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Supporter

Talking

ÖÖif you buy something from a vending machine and get cruddy coins in your change at least you'll know what the reason might be !

Hey Mud, do you have a chapter on that in your book ?

Mud's book ? -

https://metaldetectingforum.com/show...80&postcount=4

(if not, maybe in your next book ! )

John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Old 10-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Elite Member

brilliant. I'll try it next time I'm ready to cash in more clad.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:47 AM
Elite Member

In Ohio there are booths designated for ez-pass or booths to give money to a booth attendant. I was talking about the booth where you pull up and throw change in a bucket like contraption. I canít remember where I saw these but I think it was either Pennsylvania or New York, I could be wrong about the state though.
I used to see them too, I just haven't in recent years.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Elite Member

New Jersey has them.
Some on the Garden State parkway, another heading over to Ocean City.
Probably more but these are the ones I have used.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Elite Member

Been doing this for years. Loved it the best at my old work. The vending company we had was horrible. They got LOTS of my clad!