Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 10-03-2018, 12:49 PM
Elite Member

Really coming along nicely! I know exactly how you broke that tooth, i've been close to doing that over the years but never got full impact, ouch!

Old 10-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Elite Member

How long was the cheater pipe you used on that breaker bar? What brand of bar? Ill' buy some cheap tools but not when it comes to pry bars and breaker bars.
Blood,Sweat, and Tears

Old 10-03-2018, 04:40 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Scooterjim View post
How long was the cheater pipe you used on that breaker bar? What brand of bar? Ill' buy some cheap tools but not when it comes to pry bars and breaker bars.
Blood,Sweat, and Tears
That was my neighbor's "Kobalt" brand bar since my Matco was out on "long-term loan". I have to give it credit though, I had a 48" cheater on it and it already got 2 of the 4 nuts loose before it snapped...

Whites Spectra V3i, MXT All Pro. Tesoro Compadre 7"- Oldest Coin:1858 Flying eagle. Finds: 2018 (total) Clad: $36.99 ($219.76) Silver coins: 13 (49) Sterling: 2 (17) Gold: 0 (1) Buffalos: 0 (7) Wheats: 39 (142) Injuns: 3 (13) V Nicks: 0 (4)

Old 10-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by zeemang View post
Really coming along nicely! I know exactly how you broke that tooth, i've been close to doing that over the years but never got full impact, ouch!
Thanks Zeemang. Besides everything being so stuck and rusted, this is a great ride to work on. Easy to get to everything and plenty of room. Pretty happy with it so far and it's a real blast to drive.

I earned the busted grille for being stupid. I'm super careful too, especially since I'm always on my guys about working safe! I was frustrated and not paying attention to what I was doing when I knew there was a VERY good chance something was going to break with that much force involved.

My buddy about got plinked with the chunk of my tooth, but managed to dodge it...He couldn't believe I didn't go down from that shot. I can still hear it in my nugget!

Whites Spectra V3i, MXT All Pro. Tesoro Compadre 7"- Oldest Coin:1858 Flying eagle. Finds: 2018 (total) Clad: $36.99 ($219.76) Silver coins: 13 (49) Sterling: 2 (17) Gold: 0 (1) Buffalos: 0 (7) Wheats: 39 (142) Injuns: 3 (13) V Nicks: 0 (4)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Supporter

Busted the same tooth when i was 12! Snowmobiling accident.
THe worse is that exposed nerve!

Nice progress on the ‘ol truck!

My neighbor called the cops for me playing LED ZEPPELIN too loud...

They arrested him