All Purpose, around $500, let's do this!

DetectorPhil

I'm (yet another person) looking for a (and my first) general use metal detector. Ideally it'd work fine around the beach, at parks, in the backyard, and so on. As a bonus it'd also work fine in the rain (just a cover is needed, I suppose) and in wet sand. Oh, and I want it to find everything good! ;)

Am I asking too much? My budget is around $500.

I'm leaning towards a Teknetics EuroTek Pro even though I live in in the states. I'm also considering splurging on an X-Terra 705, but that may take extra convincing.

All advice is welcome. :)

AT Pro for sure. Give me a call tomorrow or shoot me a PM - will make you a great deal on a new one. We also have 2 used AT pros in stock at the moment.

You cant beat the X-Terra! I have the 70 and love it! If i am going to be hunting the dry stuff that is what i grab.

I have used my X-Terra both in the woods and at the beach and it preforms well at both places!!! It just does not like the wet sand so much stay on the dry with it and you are golden!

Being that you want in the wet sand a machine with an adjustable ground balance would really help with that. I LOVE the EuroTek Pro but it is not adjustable.

The Minelab X-Terra 705 has a beach setting that helps there. GREAT detector for the $. We have it on sale right now as well. ;)

Holler with questions as I would be glad to go over a few options with ya and get you set up right. Be sure to mention the forum when you call for best deals! ;)

I don't think that Bart can be beat on an AT Pro. It is a great machine and easy to learn. It also hold it's value for trading to an upgrade. There are always people looking for used machines.

Used MXT would be a good choice, hard to beat White's for park hunting.

Back
Top Bottom