Long Island, NY

parallax

Hi Folks - I'm in Western Suffolk county and haven't been out with my MD in forever for one reason or another. Looking to get out and hunt in this nice fall weather. I'm more than happy to travel to hunt, so if you're not on LI but not a million miles away it's in the car I go! I don't do so well on beaches and tend to hit parks and the like. Have yet to hunt farm fields and cellar holes so I'd love the opportunity to do that if you know of a spot.

I will probably head out somewhere this afternoon and most likely next weekend too, weather permitting. If you are interested, let me know! Also keen to get bottle digging again so hit me up for that too.

Cheers
Dan

Is it safe to go in the woods? Is tick season over?

I'm in Huntington/East Northport and noticed some old foundations set back a little while driving past some woods (well, I am assuming 1950s from my research but could be older. I'll have to ask an old timer to the area when I run into him about it. His family has lived on the street I speak of forever.) Perhaps you were the one hunting when I noticed a car parked on the side of the road and saw a person not too far in the woods.

My nephew (age 11) has been dying to go in the woods and find some cool stuff. We have an F2. Are you amenable to being somewhat of a teacher, nothing major, just watching you in the beginning (digging etc.)...if the 3 of us got together. While he loves seeing my finds from the beach, he isn't crazy about the slow pace of sand hunting and can't wait to find something historical.

Frances

Hi Frances - sure, sounds like fun. I'm over in Centerport, so just down the road from you. As for ticks, I'm sure there's a few still out there but long sleeves, pants and a good set of gloves are the order of the day, for the poison ivy if nothing else.

I've got plenty experience in non-beach hunting but not a whole lot of that spent in the woods, so what you suggest sounds like a good opportunity for all 3 of us! That spot sounds interesting. Next weekend sound good?

Im in Levittown (Nassau County) andIi try and get out on the weekends. Maybe we can meet up sometime and hit a park sometime.

Long Beach hunter heading out to Nassau county parks

Hello all,

I'm on Long Beach and have never hunted on proper soil. I was thinking of heading out to Cow Meadow Park for a bit tomorrow. Any takers?

Best,
Jordan

Fisher F4

Back
Top Bottom