Just an Old Beer Bottle?

Greeneman215

I found this bottle the other day. It is from where I've found bottles from the 20's -50's. I think it's just a beer bottle. It has a seam that goes up with a seam around the lip. Also it has no markings on the bottom. That confused me. Any idea on when it was made? Any help appreciated. Thank you!
IMG_2711_zps8d292fc0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2709_zps52357f84.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2710_zps0cc20801.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's a machine made bottle from the time period you indicated. It carries little if any value to a bottle collector.

If you look at the top of your bottle, you will see the seam runs through it. That and there is no pontil (glass protrusion in the center of the bottom of the bottle) generally makes it non-collectible.

If you look at the top of your bottle, you will see the seam runs through it. That and there is no pontil (glass protrusion in the center of the bottom of the bottle) generally makes it non-collectible.

as an addition to texaslurker's comment Just because a bottle dosnt have a glass protrusion pontil does not mean it is not collectable or have some value now 99% ABM bottles ( Meachine made ) which can easily determined like texas stated by the seem at the mouth piece going all the way to the top and into the bottle and normally aren't worth anything . now that being said there is many many many non pontil bottles that are worth alot of money. and are very collectable a good rule of thumb is if its pre 1908 then its most likely worth 5$ Or more depending on rarity and condition.

Back
Top Bottom