Atp first trip into water

RedNeckTechin

So a few months ago for fathers day, my brothers and I, got an ATPro to replace the 20 radio shack detector my dad uses. Now he is going on a vacation and left it home for me to try out.

With that said, I am very interested in taking it to a local lake that has so far been a hot spot for silver rings with my prizm 6t...at least the areas I can swing. Will be using the stock headphones that I am aware are not water proof, however, is there any other steps or anything else I should check before submerging this unit? I'm sure there is already a post about this but couldn't seem to find it. Thank you all in advance,and as always Happy Hunting!

Thank you so much! Am very glad with your excellent service as well. Finely got to try it out for myself this morning for 20 minutes and you will be hearing from me as soon as I can afford to upgrade. Although I will for sure be throwing an adapter in so I can use my ear buds, how on earth ya'll wear those things in the heat, I'll never understand. :D

The headphones may not be "water proof" but mine have been accidentally floating at times, drowned in the back hatch of my kayak, and I have been wearing them in the pouring rain more than a couple times...

Still fine!

<*)))>{

Ok going to give it a go today, headed out to the lake in an hour or so, wired up some floatation to my sifter screen...looking at connections to make clean and right correct?
Thanks again guys, just don't want to harm it.

e5apyjyt.jpg

I'd recommend putting a couple wraps of Teflon tape on the headphone connector threads.
I had trouble with it getting loose and a little water getting in while using the stock headphones.
Good luck at the lake!

Was very disappointing, as I walked towards the beach I saw corroded out beer cans tossed up onto the grass in a few spots, and other some bigger iron junk over by the tree... Bottle caps and a couple booby pins were all to be had within reach of my scoop.

Was very disappointing, as I walked towards the beach I saw corroded out beer cans tossed up onto the grass in a few spots, and other some bigger iron junk over by the tree... Bottle caps and a couple booby pins were all to be had within reach of my scoop.

Odds are good that there is some good stuff in there too. Takes a few times water hunting to get the feel for it. You might not find anything good at first but it will show up.

Gotta see about making a longer and stronger scoop for next trip over, just couldn't get anything once I got passed waist deep with the one I made a couple years ago. That lake will give out to me some day again.

Two of the three lakes that I have MD'ed at have been pretty trashy. Watch for (broken) glass bottles and misc. objects.

You've already submerged your ATP but always check all the connections and orings. Also, check to see if condensation ever appears on the internal screen. I had a problem with mine recently but Garrett has AMAZING customer service and is stepping me through it.

TIP: If you feel like swimming with it, you CAN hear it underwater with no headphones. I am too cheap to buy those waterproof headphones. This ultimately depends on how your hearing is though.

Back
Top Bottom