Current Hot Beach metal detectors

Bbizidy

I havent been on this board in a while and havent really metal detected in two years, but i still have my excal.

Has there been any new beach machines that have come out latly that blow away the excal

Thanks Guys!!

No, hows that for an answer. What I am reading there may be some that are as good under certain conditions along with the particular features that each detector offers. I believe on average the Excalibur pound for pound will hold its own to most any water detector..
You may have opened a can of worms.

Welcome

No, hows that for an answer. What I am reading there may be some that are as good under certain conditions along with the particular features that each detector offers. I believe on average the Excalibur pound for pound will hold its own to most any water detector..
You may have opened a can of worms.

You bet he did! :lol::lol: Gerry is right Bbizidy as certain conditions go's Excal will hold its own....Where I hunt, Low tide line is 50 yards out from the dry sand....I dont own a Excal....be nice to have one so I can used it in the wet sand with all the pull-tabs and junks are....but I like to be in the water with my PI even if I had a Excal running it in all metal, I will still used my PI in my conditions (less junks)....if you are looking to buy a detector...check out the PI's....you will have the best of both world! g/l

I havent been on this board in a while and havent really metal detected in two years, but i still have my excal.

Has there been any new beach machines that have come out latly that blow away the excal

Thanks Guys!!

For depth a PI is the way to go... with my DF PI I will follow behind any VLF user including the Excal and know I will the find the deep gold a VLF/Excal can't even see... I will dig more trash but its a trade off I am willing to take... Depth is the name of the game for me in the water and wet sand and you can't beat a PI there... for trashy beaches I use the Sov GT which I feel has an advantage over the Excal because of its Iron Mask and being able to change coils... I used to run an Excal, maybe someday I will have another but right now as far as I am concerned I have the best of both worlds..

Can of worms? Nah... just opinions :)

I believe (as above) that the PI on the beach is the best way to go. It is deep, I have retrieved targets at 22 inches in wet sand, and about 18 inches in dry sand. I really like my Dual Surf PI. RickO

Thanks for your replies does anyone have an idea on the next version of the excal i understand they moved their plant from australia to malaysia which sounds too me its gonna be quite a while.

I find I follow my buddie with his excal and find stuff he didn't maybe he missed it but maybe he didn't I managed 26 rings since I got my Dual Field in August...

Back
Top Bottom