minelab safari

garviso8

Elite Member
having an issue with my safari for about 3 years now I guess I should of addressed it earlier but I was to busy finding good stuff. the locking mechanism that holds the housing onto the shaft isn't holding any more I wedge coins under the lock but im at about 4 coins now and maybe a couple of pull tabs and it still eventually slips off very annoying .after about 5 soft swings the shaft goes flying any suggestions that don't envolve mailing my detector in for service :?:

having an issue with my safari for about 3 years now I guess I should of addressed it earlier but I was to busy finding good stuff. the locking mechanism that holds the housing onto the shaft isn't holding any more I wedge coins under the lock but im at about 4 coins now and maybe a couple of pull tabs and it still eventually slips off very annoying .after about 5 soft swings the shaft goes flying any suggestions that don't envolve mailing my detector in for service :?:

It's the little rubber red piece in there that usually goes bad..only cost a few bucks,and if you look on you tube there's a ez video to do it yourself..that pin just pops out that holds the latch in place,and it all comes apart..google fixing cam lock on explorer,it's the same cam lock.

Back
Top Bottom