Xp deus or etrac or f75

Acesinthehole

Ok guy as far as the xp gos I have one right now that I'm using from my father. I know that they all say that this is a good detector for just about everying that's in the ground. The only thing I'm running into is that I'm hunting parks and old construction sites that have history in the ground. my only thing is that I only find iron or junk with it that sounds nice when ringing up. I'm not running it hot or anything I been using the fast program with lower sensitivity. And I'm mostly into coins and I have been debating if I should buy another one with a 9in coil or just move on from it and buy an etrac or f75. Both are used since they are asking 900 for the etrac with extra batteries and then the f75 is 500 but not sure if it's the se or ltd version of it. But if I did go the route with the f75 I would get a at pro for water detecting thinking it be a good combination of the 2 but still not to sure. Since I never have ran a f75 but I have used the at pro and also the ctx but sold it since I went over seas...... I would like some opinions on all 3 machines and if you have used them how did u run them as in program wise. I'm sure I'm missing a lot but we will see where this gos and I'll add to it once I get more comments thank you

If you're only interested in coins and want to discriminate out lots of "trash" then go ETRAC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok guy as far as the xp gos I have one right now that I'm using from my father. I know that they all say that this is a good detector for just about everying that's in the ground. The only thing I'm running into is that I'm hunting parks and old construction sites that have history in the ground. my only thing is that I only find iron or junk with it that sounds nice when ringing up. I'm not running it hot or anything I been using the fast program with lower sensitivity. And I'm mostly into coins and I have been debating if I should buy another one with a 9in coil or just move on from it and buy an etrac or f75. Both are used since they are asking 900 for the etrac with extra batteries and then the f75 is 500 but not sure if it's the se or ltd version of it. But if I did go the route with the f75 I would get a at pro for water detecting thinking it be a good combination of the 2 but still not to sure. Since I never have ran a f75 but I have used the at pro and also the ctx but sold it since I went over seas...... I would like some opinions on all 3 machines and if you have used them how did u run them as in program wise. I'm sure I'm missing a lot but we will see where this gos and I'll add to it once I get more comments thank you

First,,it doesn't sound like you have a lot of experience with Deus.
Yes iron can ring in,,but with some more time under your belt,,you will see a difference of how iron sounds,,and the tone in general is different from nonferrous hit.
The 9" coil on Deus does offer some advantage vs the larger coils for hunting where it is real trashy or with lots of iron and nails.

Deus in my opinion,,is the best performer when it comes to unmasking in nails and iron.

Etrac,,,is a great coin finder,,,but in sites like you are describing,,stock coil likely
too big,,need a smaller like maybe a 6 or 8 incher. Stock coil could be used in the cleaner places of the site.

F75,, the newer DST units,,,do run quiet,,but in my opinion no match for Deus in the sites like you are describing.

Also,,Deus in higher mineral trumps F75 any series for depth and being able to actually ID a nonferrous object with matching nonferrous tone.
Small coil on F75 could be beneficial though in sites like you are describing.

As far a hunting the sites like you are describing,,,Deus can be used to hunt sites a lot faster than Etrac.
Coil swing speed can be run generally a lot faster on Deus vs Etrac.

Now,,one thing,,Etrac a person less likely to dig junk,,,the targets located ( and key word is is located) based on Etracs ID capabilities a person can know many times a worthy target before digging moreso vs Deus and even F75.

Etrac for all practical purposes doesn't up average deeper targets due to depth or even higher mineral.
Now Etrac,,and Deus, and F75 all can get caught up in providing average TID (conductivity) sometimes on 2 or more targets being closely located that indeed have mixed conductivity.

Hope this info helps.

Don't get me wrong I have been finding some cool stuff with it but I feel like it's more relic type machine than coins. I been finding old 45-70 rounds and next to them are civil war rounds also but I did find a set of bomber wings from ww2. I just feel like when I use it all I do is dig up nails. but the site that I been hitting up there was a guy that was there when I showed up. Well that being said I was working this area hard and going slow with a good cover with no gaps with my swing and boom right behind me he finds 2 Indian head and a merc. So I'm thinking that the xp is mostly a relic machine than coin since I dig everything up that sounds good and we are talking like 100 plus holes in a hunt maybe more all ranging from 80s to 95 on the vdi

Has anyone used a small coil with the etrac and what's the depth on a 5 or 6in coil on something like a dime?

Ok,,first he said he's hunting in iron,so out of the machines the op asked about the Etrac would come in last.Not that it's a bad machine because in neutral ground its really good.But in iron,it's the runt of the litter,even with ttf..In modern trash though the Etrac has the best discrimination made.
The deus,probably the best relic machine made..Good coin machine too,but in heavy iron the smaller the coil the better the results on falsing.Although it is good in iron,I would opt for the f75 for that reason of smaller coil options.
The deus is not worlds ahead of the f75 in coin hunting.Sorry guys,just not in my real world experience.
If it were me,I'd get the f75.And I'd buy used cause the prices are so cheap used it's unreal.And I wouldn't even get the f75ltd2,boost is hardly ever used,definitely not in iron riddled places.Depth is over rated on all these machines imo,when hunting in iron,it's just not needed.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong I have been finding some cool stuff with it but I feel like it's more relic type machine than coins. I been finding old 45-70 rounds and next to them are civil war rounds also but I did find a set of bomber wings from ww2. I just feel like when I use it all I do is dig up nails. but the site that I been hitting up there was a guy that was there when I showed up. Well that being said I was working this area hard and going slow with a good cover with no gaps with my swing and boom right behind me he finds 2 Indian head and a merc. So I'm thinking that the xp is mostly a relic machine than coin since I dig everything up that sounds good and we are talking like 100 plus holes in a hunt maybe more all ranging from 80s to 95 on the vdi

Has anyone used a small coil with the etrac and what's the depth on a 5 or 6in coil on something like a dime?

Try running full tones on Deus using disc level 3.0 using 11" coil. Iron will be exposed moreso with grunts of tone. Using 9" coil use 2.5 disc level and full tones.
Deus offers 3D unmasking that I have never seen using any other detector I've run,,and a round shaped targets like coins,,,are in big trouble if Deus coil comes over the top,,and a Deus user knows how to interpret what the detector is telling them. Not textbook dingy dingy here either. Deus is far from a beep and dig detector. Sure one can use it like one,,,but if they do,,they are leaving finds in the ground.

Depth of Etrac wearing a 5 or 6" coil,,,about 7" deep. Quarter a smidge more.
Got to be running one hotter though sensitivity wise,,which a person can usually with a smaller than stock coil.

Etrac user in nail pits,,,a person doesn't swing a coil actually,,,rather just move the coil in smaller back and forth increments,, even almost hovering the coil.
Etrac needs little coil movement to actuall strike deeper,,,can't say this about a lot of other detectors.

Go with Etrac!
I have hunting partners with dues machines and their finds ratios of good V/S trash are remarkably poor!
Go with Etrac for coins especially in manicured lawns and parks

One thing to remember too is feedback you get from me or whoever is how we see it,and what's best for us in our opinion.That doesn't always mean it's gonna be best for you,or that your gonna have the same results as us.Geographic locations and personal preference always make the deciding factor.

Try running full tones on Deus using disc level 3.0 using 11" coil. Iron will be exposed moreso with grunts of tone. Using 9" coil use 2.5 disc level and full tones.
Deus offers 3D unmasking that I have never seen using any other detector I've run,,and a round shaped targets like coins,,,are in big trouble if Deus coil comes over the top,,and a Deus user knows how to interpret what the detector is telling them. Not textbook dingy dingy here either. Deus is far from a beep and dig detector. Sure one can use it like one,,,but if they do,,they are leaving finds in the ground.

Depth of Etrac wearing a 5 or 6" coil,,,about 7" deep. Quarter a smidge more.
Got to be running one hotter though sensitivity wise,,which a person can usually with a smaller than stock coil.

Etrac user in nail pits,,,a person doesn't swing a coil actually,,,rather just move the coil in smaller back and forth increments,, even almost hovering the coil.
Etrac needs little coil movement to actuall strike deeper,,,can't say this about a lot of other detectors.

Great post as always. :yes: I went from F75SE to deus and never looked back.

In 1 yr with Deus Ive found 27 Indians 2 two cent coins, mercs, barbers, seated, countless clad, and oh yeah, lots of cool relics.

It will perform for you, as w/any detector, time under the belt and location to know its capabilities.

I've owned all three of those but only used the F75 for a short time so I can't speak on it. The other two are both excellent detectors with each having strengths and weaknesses. IMHO the Deus has a bit more of a learning curve but if you stick with it you'll start to get a handle on the sweet sounding iron. After a while you'll be able to pass right over it without thinking twice.

Read through this thread for some useful info:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=236970

For coin hunting @ sites with lots of modern trash I prefer the Etrac/CTX. I like the Deus better for relic hunting and hunting older sites in general. Of course both detectors can be used for either type of hunting. Deus has a much faster recovery speed and can cover more ground in a shorter amount of time. You'll probably dig more non-coin targets with the Deus due to the way it up averages some targets. With the Etrac, you hunt slow and low. Even though its not a fast recovering machine, it does have the ability to see good targets in heavy iron if you keep the bottom section of your pattern opened up. Search for threads by khouse to see this demnonstrated. Etrac has better TID on deep targets. You'll cover less ground in a given time frame, but you'll likely dig less unwanted targets.

One thing to remember too is feedback you get from me or whoever is how we see it,and what's best for us in our opinion.That doesn't always mean it's gonna be best for you,or that your gonna have the same results as us.Geographic locations and personal preference always make the deciding factor.

+1

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there, think about a CZ3d with 8 and 5 in coils. Used one can be had for around 500 dollars. In my tests with iron it is better than my deus and relic machines and ahead of my f75 with 5 in coil. I think you would be extremely unhappy with the etrac in heavy iron(learning curve long). Cz3d is easy to operate, works in silent mode so you do not have to learn the tones of the deus to be immediately successful with it. Great depth with the 5 in coil, but can false on deeper iron just like the others mentioned. 90 percent of my hunts are on torn down lots and old buildings where other buildings once stood. You would find a lot with the Deus for sure but you will have to dig more.

Ctx with small is coil is my best machine for not digging everything and i only dig iron when it is in the same hole as my target. But learning curve is so steep most do not hang with it till they are proficient with it, i sold my first 2 out of frustration.

Back
Top Bottom