Beefdoodlecakes

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
this is your thread to enter your finds for the contest also to keep in touch with each other.

Total NUT Aug 1st

1 Clad quarter...............3 clad dimes...................20 clad pennies.....................6 points............Got very hot at the last. A deuce and a dasani didnt help........Also found a key and a whatzit and 2 beer tops (not mine)..........Will try and post a pic later if I can get this #$%^ camera to operate properly.................Go get em, BC................

08-01-pic

I think I got this to work, but I got a mybrain headache figuring it out......................

Attachments

• coin finds.jpg
    coin finds.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 258
Thanks Ron. Thought about naming our team "NADS." But our cheer would have been in-appropriate. Found 5 more clad today for 1.25 points. Will add them in pic with ensuing finds thru tuesday.

Points Awarded
{only US minted coins count}
silver coins 15 points for vets,20 for GH

pennies {excluding memorial cents...} 10 points vets,15 GH

pre 1946 nickels 10 vet,15GH

clad dollar coins{sacs,susan Bs and Pres dollars etc etc} 1 point vets 2 points GH

clad will be based on fractions for vets 10pennies for a point,5 nickels for a point,5 dimes for a point and 4 quarters for a point
for GHs all clad is worth 1/4 of a point each

gold jewelry 15 points vet,20 GH
silver jewelry 10 vet,15 GH

junk jewerly or plated jewelry 5 points vet,10 GH

tokens 5 vets,5 GH regardless of rarity..{yes even chucky cheese}

jewelry will be defined as rings,necklaces,bracelets

if you find a charm it will only count if it is hall marked {.925,sterling,mexico,italy etc etc.....10k,14k,18k,24k}

pull tabs 1/4 of a point {4 for a full point} green horns only

Figured I'd put this on our thread... had a heck of a time tracking it down and need the Rosetta stone or an official Buffalo bill cracker jack decoder ring to get it all interpreted....

i forgot to change that point system..its correct minus the charms...charms dont count unless they are on a bracelet or chain...im really sorry for changing the system so much but im just trying to keep the peace.

It's not a problem... I've yet to get out and swing it... I'm hoping to get out tomorrow... we got some rain last night, so the ground might be a little more forgiving.

yeah we got dry ground here as well. had a rain that lasted from 6pm-5am thursday and it didnt do much for softening the ground...shady spots aint bad but open ground is a bear.

It's not a problem... I've yet to get out and swing it... I'm hoping to get out tomorrow... we got some rain last night, so the ground might be a little more forgiving.
Come on pardner, get that DFX humming. I have 29 coins so far, but alas all clad. But I am gonna hunt some every day. GL.........................

Got out for a little hunt this evening... Found my coolest old trade token to date... a pendant with no mark...and some clad for the cause... I've got access to the old part of the city property built 1900 and the two on each side... so I'm hoping to get some really nice silver out of there. The Token says "unreadable"ROD CLUB D PERRY NEW PHILA so, it looks like a neat piece of local history! 15.9 pts for today...I believe?

Attachments

• FMDF 8-3.jpg
    FMDF 8-3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 207
"We need more points, BC." I know doodle, I know.............................

Attachments

• blazing-saddles-565.jpg
    blazing-saddles-565.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 186
I got a plan BC. I be cutting the weeds..................you come in behind and find the coins......................

Attachments

• MV5BMTM5MzY5OTg3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODIwMTI2__V1__CR0,0,368,368_SS100_.jpg
    MV5BMTM5MzY5OTg3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODIwMTI2__V1__CR0,0,368,368_SS100_.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 187
I got a plan BC. I be cutting the weeds..................you come in behind and find the coins......................

I haven't seen Cool Hand Luke in years! Viewing your posts is like taking a walk down the Hollywood Walk of Fame (if there is such a place)!:lol:

Got out to the same house as last night and pulled Indian #9 for the year... 1900 and a couple of clad for the cause... Another 10.45 points for the good guys...lol

Attachments

• FMDF 8-4.jpg
    FMDF 8-4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 157
Good going. I just got back from a short night hunt under the lights. Founda bunch of cents and one small silver ring. I think about 20 clad or so for the day. A VW and an airplane. Gonna hunt again in the morning and post the pics from the last few hunts tomorrow night...........I just need my one good eye to focus better........................

Attachments

• hangman.jpg
    hangman.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 196
Go get em doodle... I need a longer hunt... Thursday, the day is mine! I've been just digging most of the deeper targets right now... hoping to get more wheaties and silver... It will come! Too bad the Injuns weren't worth more than the wheats... I'll put that in the suggestion box for next year's hunt.

Back
Top Bottom