• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Guess the Appraised Value Contest ENDED 9-09-08

Calvin

Forum Supporter
I recently posted a pic of an opal/sterling silver cross that I found with my ACE250. I took it to my jeweler yesterday and he gave me an appraised value. Since the appraisal is an even dollar amount, e.g. $217.00; I have added a random cents to it e.g. $217.99.

The closest guess without going over wins a 7 pc selection of Candian coins including: 1942 Silver dime; 1963 silver quarter, 1953 Nickle, 1967 Centennial Commemorative penny, 2002 QE II Golden Jubilee penny, 1992 125 Year Commemorative penny, and a 1987 $1 "Looney" (just 'cause I like them!)

You can see the cross and the prize package in my album on this forum.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/album.php?albumid=22

In the event of multiple correct answers, the winner will be the first person to correctly answer a metal detecting / coin collection "Jeopardy" question or riddle.

The contest starts RIGHT NOW and will end on September 1, 2008 at 12:00 noon, CDT. One entry per person please.

PLAN "B" to skip right to the finals:

If you would like to put in your "two cents worth" to enter the contest and automatically qualify for the tie breaker; send TWO wheat pennies to the following address:

Calvin
PO Box 46412
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot one thing... you can find some "hints" by looking carefully at some of the pictures in my album. And more will be added.

Good luck!

$136.24 and thanks for the contest, it's a good idea to make people guess the price of something you've found!

Not a bad first day of guessing! Some are kinda close;). Don't forget to check for clues or go to "Plan B" to get into the finals!

Hmm... if SOME are close... there are 5 people roughly in the same price range
thinking.gif

Remember, if you think you're not in the running, you can always enter using "Plan B"!

Back
Top Bottom