rock gully MD

codmander

Elite Member
garret at pro is great for most of my hunting works great dry and even wet sand ,but theres this rocky gully which looks like it would hold some heavys,
and at pro just wont do it way too much chatter very rocky with the gain down and rocky means i cant get the coil close ,,makes these spots unsearchable ,,any suggestion on what machine would work?

garret at pro is great for most of my hunting works great dry and even wet sand ,but theres this rocky gully which looks like it would hold some heavys,
and at pro just wont do it way too much chatter very rocky with the gain down and rocky means i cant get the coil close ,,makes these spots unsearchable ,,any suggestion on what machine would work?

Yes, buy a dual or multi frequency machine :yes: some of the rocks may also be hot and are sounding off or the area is loaded with ferrous targets which wouldn't surprise me because I have hunted up your way quite a bit in the past...

Not being able to see you beach conditions, I would think a Sovereign with a small coil, then change to a larger coil for the open wet sand. That is my first detector of choice for those conditions. Adjustable sensitivity would be important for a hot rock situation.

too bad man .. that strip goes and goes ,,, but its a nightmare to hunt next time I'm down that way I'll take a few pics ,,right now MDin is on the back burner I have totally wiped my regular haunts .. and currently seeking new turf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad: so if ya see someone mdin on your beach its just me:lol:

Yes, buy a dual or multi frequency machine :yes: some of the rocks may also be hot and are sounding off or the area is loaded with ferrous targets which wouldn't surprise me because I have hunted up your way quite a bit in the past...

sounds right to me :(

Back
Top Bottom