Cape Coral, Yacht Club in Florida?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
Anyone ever dug there?

good finds, no finds, just having fun there?

I'll be there in about 2 weeks...gonna try my first "real" hunt there ...and my daughter will be with me. I hope she finds something more than I want to have a first find....

I haven't the last time I was down in Fla. But if you happen to go to the Ft Myers beach I think you might find some good stuff. I was there last yr. for a vacation but I didn't have my detector with me so I just laid down where the waves break into the shore & was running my hands through the sand...and out pooped a woman's bracelet. :shock: But it turned out to be costume jewelry. :no: The beach was stinky for some reason though...like a rusty standing water kinda smell. But there were baby conch all over the place. My son found a huge live clam. Lots of little fish swimming through the shallow area. :( I miss the beach....:boat:

I haven't the last time I was down in Fla. But if you happen to go to the Ft Myers beach I think you might find some good stuff. I was there last yr. for a vacation but I didn't have my detector with me so I just laid down where the waves break into the shore & was running my hands through the sand...and out pooped a woman's bracelet. :shock: But it turned out to be costume jewelry. :no: The beach was stinky for some reason though...like a rusty standing water kinda smell. But there were baby conch all over the place. My son found a huge live clam. Lots of little fish swimming through the shallow area. :( I miss the beach....:boat:

hehehehe

it "pooped" out? LOL

I'm hoping to get to Ft. Myers beach as well as one of the private beaches in Naples...

I have seen detectorists down at Cape Coral in the past...never saw them find anything that they seemed excited about...never even saw them dig for that matter LOL, but we'll be down there the week of President's day...and figured my daughter and I would head down there early Tuesday morning after the long weekend crowds

yep...

well, I suppose that technically they aren't "private"....but it's the beach at one of the higher end condos there

Hunted there several times, just coins..nice little beach. Tip...........Sanibel is Hot right now...well last week it was..

+1 on CC Yacht Club being a nice little beach. FT Myers is a replenished beach so nothing old. Sanibel has much can slaw from replenishment. Glad to hear that people are hitting there. Last time i hunted it, it wasn't worth the toll to get there. Nor the parking fee.

the yacht club is heavely detected. every time i got their i see 3-4 people detecting.i mostly find coins their and sometimes nothing at all.

the yacht club is heavely detected. every time i got their i see 3-4 people detecting.i mostly find coins their and sometimes nothing at all.

I've never seen more than one there (but then again, I only get down there once a year....and only to the yacht club once each time

I've never seen more than one there (but then again, I only get down there once a year....and only to the yacht club once each time

dont get me wrong their are time i dont see any hunters their. i went last sat got their at dark( 630 in morn) 2 hunters already their lol. they have a beach sweeaper they sweep every morn at first light. but it just picks up big trash and moves coins around. but u never know when u can get lucky on recent drops. HH

Cape Coral Yacht Club

I've only just started detecting and the Yacht Club is so close to my house that I've swung there several time. Mostly found bottle caps (Corona and Bud Platinum are very popular!). My most recent visit, however netted 2 sterling rings. Not a bad find for 30 minutes on the beach.

I've hit gold at the Cape. Free parking too. With a lee county parks parking permit there is a couple beaches on Sanibel to park for free otherwise with the toll and parking fees you better do well with finds. Hard compacted sand mostly. If you drop something you just look down and pick it up. If you don't know the area you may get lucky but probably won't do well. But what the heck, MDing is a treasure in it self. Go for it.
HH BH

+1 on CC Yacht Club being a nice little beach. FT Myers is a replenished beach so nothing old. Sanibel has much can slaw from replenishment. Glad to hear that people are hitting there. Last time i hunted it, it wasn't worth the toll to get there. Nor the parking fee.

Somebody knows are beaches here :lol:

Someone on here recently said it doesnt take skill and a good machine doesnt make the difference...... so if you do well at Vegas you might at Ft Meyers as well.

Dew

Why not try Lover's Key at the other end of Ft Myers? Who knows, you might find pirate booty!

See CS,,,,,its like a gold mine where you live,,,,:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom