First Civil War Relic

LittleJohn

Elite Member
Went out Sunday with a friend from the Gettysburg, PA area and hunted a couple fields that weren't too far from the battlefield. The have been hunted in the past and several bullets and other relics have been pulled from this area. After about an hour of hunting, I finally found my first civil war bullet...had it checked out by an expert collector, and he identified it as a Confederate Enfield(shallow base) bullet. .577 caliber. Weighs just over 32 grams.

Picked it up with the V3i at 7 inches, and initially rang up as a quarter until I dug the plug, and then it was a solid 52.

confederateenfield.jpg

Congrats!

I bet it was a rush to dig a Civil War relic yourself.

Can't wait to get the oppertunity some day to do the same.

Happy Hunting!

:D

Thanks to all ya'all. I hope to be able to get back to that area again and do some more relic hunting. Work and life often get in the way a lot of times, so it is rare when I actually have the time....and can get my schedule to jive with my buddies schedule and actually connect and get out for a hunt.

I just received permission this evening for a nice little plot of ground near my home, so I am looking forward to doing some old silver hunting there.

LittleJohn

Back
Top Bottom