• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nail board tests?

Exactly woodbutcher. I got nothing against Monte, pretty in-depth type guy, Personally I like a direct simple answer, but hey to each their own. I just hate seeing these tests which prove virtually nothing of real world value.

Instead of all this nail board stuff, which really I have yet to hunt a nail board, take the sucker out in the field and show us what it can do in a real world conditions. Not that hard unless you just can't produce the results you want others to see. IF you have a killer detector then it will easily prove itself in the field where it counts.

Well, anyone who has actually tested Deus on top of the ground using coins and nails,,both in 2D and 3D,,and compared many other detectors wearing same or similar sized coils.

Just not nail board but even other tests.

What do you notice as far as how the Deus ranks when comparing????

Now,,anyone who has used a Deus in sites loaded with iron and nails,,,how does it do,,even on sites pounded by other detectors previously??

Folks can believe what they want,,,there are things that can be seen doing test on top of the ground,,,using coins and nails,,even nonferrous relic and nails or iron.

And if anyone thinks manufacturers like Xp didn't do test when designing the detectror and associated version software,,,I got some beach front property in Arizona I'll sell you.

Lots of tweeks based on tests,,,and also tweeks based on real world target scenarios.
I am positive these tweeks are really give a little here,,gain a little there. Very much give and take,,,looking for the perfect potion.

Btw,,I think Xp tested other detectors as well.
I know the founder is you beleive what has been said,,was an avid detectorist.
So it makes one wonder,,,did he before he started his detector company,,,did he in fact do his own test on previous detectors he had used.

And did he use this data obtained,,,to guide him and his engineers in the creation of their detectors,,,which happen to be very good in and around iron??

Common sense tells me YES.

If it were me,,I would have.

Wonder how many other models detectors are hanging out at the different manufacturers labs??

Does anyone not think,,for example White's hasn't tested the Deus??

Wonder which manufacturers already have an Impact to see what is going on with it??

And remember it is just not ops they are interest in,,ergonomics and detector layout.

You don't think GM has a Ford or 2 around in their facilities somewhere.

Do all detectors,, do the have they same performance in and around iron???

Certainly NOT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom