Strapped Down The Pro

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
I finally got around to doing this.

The $1.39 insurance policy.

I sheared my control box off in 2015. I was being too rough on it while pushing through thick brush. I learned!!
After a trip to Garretts and like $180 later the machine was like new again.

These 3/4" pipe hangers cost me 69 cents each.

You will need to drill two 5/32 holes about 1 1/2" apart about the center of the bend.

Then cut down the length of the hangers so they don't get in the way of either the coil or headphone wires. Break sharp edges too.

I believe these screws fasten the speaker and still have plenty of engagement.

Attachments

• Bottom Use.jpg
    Bottom Use.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 199
Just be careful not to take it in the water now...
I did the same thing to mine, but I was able to use longer screws in the original holes.

Just be careful not to take it in the water now...
I did the same thing to mine, but I was able to use longer screws in the original holes.

Matt, if there is a gasket under this speaker plate, it should still seal. The screws are a self tapping variety. The holes in the housing are likely blind too.

I removed only two screws at a time to fit the hangers.

I'll still take heed to your point though.

Mutual Inductance and Lenz's Law

When an emf is generated by a change in magnetic flux according to Faraday's Law, the polarity of the induced emf is such that it produces a current whose magnetic field opposes the change which produces it. The induced magnetic field inside any loop of wire always acts to keep the magnetic flux in the loop constant.

In other words, your mod might cause you problems.......just kidding.:heartylaugh:

Great fix.

When an emf is generated by a change in magnetic flux according to Faraday's Law, the polarity of the induced emf is such that it produces a current whose magnetic field opposes the change which produces it. The induced magnetic field inside any loop of wire always acts to keep the magnetic flux in the loop constant.

In other words, your mod might cause you problems.......just kidding.:heartylaugh:

Great fix.

Very impressive Professor. :shock: :roll: :D

Back
Top Bottom