Has someone created a chart of readings / finds for an ET Pro?

scotchleaf

I'm having a hard time with digging trash. I was thinking about making a spreadsheet with coil, settings, item located, depth, readings, etc.

It couldn't account for battery state (if this matters) or soil.

But then I was thinking, somebody must have already done this... Any pointers?

The best chart is on the ATP it self , it shows you the range , the proportional audio also helps with size and depth. You can get a perfect hit from all angles at solid 90 coin size and it may end up being a small chunk of brass or aluminum. Same with a hit in the gold range . The MD gives ya clue experience gives place idea what the find is . Coins next to iron can fool ya , a silver or gold chain , broken ring , too many variables to rely on a chart . A good question , you will get a lot of help here . ,,,,,,,HH

I wouldn't rely totally on the TID I would focus on the tone/sound. Someone else's numbers on a particular target may not match yours based on soil conditions, target orientation, depth, etc, etc.

it really is an art...Ive got a 1930's-40's house to go check - burned down a few months ago. Next to a friend's home. Hoping to find a silver coin...

Coins mixed in with iron can read really low TID numbers on any machine, so you could miss finds if you just rely on the Numbers only. That is if you can even get your machine to hit on the good target with iron around it. Lay some nails on the ground and or a single nail and position your target in different proximity to the nails and see what you get. Even gets worse when your target is at a lower elevation than the iron above it. Iron reads low on detectors and coins in the higher range so if your machine will see a coin near a nail the blending of multiple targets the TID will average down from a coin reading. I have seen TID as low as high 20's on some of my machines for a coin in iron trash.

Well we went around mostly in the woods. Just didn't feel comfortable around the burned home. We found an old farm field, but couldn't locate the house site. It was a pleasant walk, but the only "artifacts" we found (other than trash) were a deer bone and an old bulldozer tread link - I think that is what it is. I'll post a photo when I get a chance.

But, like I said to my wife, that's a couple more hours of exercise than I'd have gotten otherwise.

I'm having a hard time with digging trash. I was thinking about making a spreadsheet with coil, settings, item located, depth, readings, etc.

It couldn't account for battery state (if this matters) or soil.

But then I was thinking, somebody must have already done this... Any pointers?

Euro Tech pro ? It is easy to be confused as AT pro from a possible title typo.

Back
Top Bottom